VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 20- Rehab and Add More To Skull Mountain

Our wish for day 20, rehab Skull Mountain and add the effects to it that were supposed to have been there, but never happened:

SkullMt.jpg

Skull Mountain's building is really starting to show its age, and needs some rehab. It would be great if while they were at it they added some effects that it was supposed to have had when they built it.

What effects were supposed to be there? I know the "Strobes In Use" sign was there from the beginning, but other than that I thought it was just supposed to be dark. And personally, I think the ridiculous pumpkins and such that they have in there kind of cheapen the ride's theme. As does the fact that you could see the entire track most of the time this season. . . .

There are two UV tiki faces that have been in Skull Mt since day one but they were rarely lit, one is near the main drop which you ca see near the end of the ride. Back in 1999's FF they installed a bunch of Halloween stuff like the skull guy, pumpkins, ghosts, lights, soundtrack, and projections. Only the skull guy and pumpkins are left from 99. But yes Skull Mt, really needs a rehab.

Edited by The Master

I never even knew those masks existed until closing day when they had some door open at the top of the building which let tons of light in and saw the one near the first drop. Do you know where the other one is located? I always like to look around for stuff while on the ride.

Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to see it next season if I am lucky enough to get a ride where there is a lot of light in the building. I really should have asked if I could get a lights on ride during one of the 3 or 4 rides I had this past season where I was the only one on the train but I wasn't sure if they are allowed to do that or not.

• 1 month later...

I think that the waterfall is a must on that ride as it just addsa a bit of character to the outside of the building, which as you have all stated is also beginning to really show its age. I think a lot of us were excited just to see something inside during the 2008 season with the strobes running and all, so anything else would be another step in the right direction.