VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Location in the Park for Bumper Cars

GAcoaster

So as usual I was day dreaming while I was in the shower today and I had a brainstorm.

If I was in charge, I would look into gutting the old Shootout building in the Western section and relocate the Bumper Cars there. They would bring some new life to the park, they are quiet so they wouldn't spoil the tranquility of the lakeside area. They could be called something like Dodge City Bumper Cars and if Chrysler is still a park sponser, they could even be sponsored by Dodge.

I think if I remember correctly both SFNE and SFA have their bumper cars in the western themed sections:

083008-159.jpg

Where would you like to see the Bumper Cars relocated assuming Old Country doesn't re-open?

That would be a good spot for the Bumper Cars, Is that building big enough to house them? I wouldn't mind seeing them where they used to have Bumper Cars, Across from where they had the Army Virtual Tent this past Season. That is sort of a "dead" area nowaday's.

If I was in charge, I would look into gutting the old Shootout building in the Western section and relocate the Bumper Cars there. They would bring some new life to the park, they are quiet so they wouldn't spoil the tranquility of the lakeside area.

That is a good idea. It only has about half the floorspace of Autobahn but I have seen smaller bumper car rides. The height requirement needed from the raised metail floor to the wire mesh ceiling might be an issue though.

The Best of the West BBQ is really what killed the Shootout building. When the park first opened guests were able to cross over the Log Flume bridge and proceed forward to the waters edge ahead. Guests actually strolled along the lakeside on the lower level patio of the restaurant and made their way to the Western Shootout building. It was just as busy as the other pathways found in the park. When the kitchen facilities of BOTWBBQ were expanded, the bridge path ended at the front restaurant patio and so did the foot traffic to the shooting gallery.

That building actually stands a better chance of gaining popularity once again today since the removal of the Super Tee Pee. A sign for whatever attraction occupies the building could easily be placed on the other bridge that crosses under the Log Flume's second lift. The Tee Pee use to block sight of that pathway and the building but the area is wide open now.

A sign for whatever attraction occupies the building could easily be placed on the other bridge that crosses under the Log Flume's second lift.

I believe, if I am thinking the same location we all are referring to, that the building is now used for storage. We call it the 'Visual Room'. It houses all of the Merchandise department's equipment (mannequins, shelves, clothes hangers, etc.)