VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fate of the Chiller

GAcoaster

Flyin' Phil did a flyover of some of the area around the park this weekend (January 4th), and discovered the Chiller's pieces are all sitting in a field just south of Park property, near the intersection of Route 537 & 539.

Click here to see Chiller resting place (for the time being).

I have a feeling whoever bought Chiller just needed a cheap place to store the ride until a buyer could be found. Something tells me it may just rust in pieces there.

Please note...this is PRIVATE PROPERTY, so do not tresspass looking to get a closeup view or souvenir.

So sad, I still really miss Chiller.

Sorry if this is off topic, but so do I. When they first announced the Dark Knight as the "best thing to happen ever at Six FLags" with the videos and renderings so promising, I gladly welcomed the departure of Chiller, thinking the park would bring in bigger and better things. I expected Water Effect to stay and have Showcase and Old Country reopened and not the Ghost town they are today. Now, I admit it, I love the Dark Knight Coaster, I love theming, but I think the coaster is less promising than it was marketed as and was much overrated. Also, the idea of launched coasters never took off with me(no pun intended), but I rode Rockin' Roller Coaster for the first time and now REALLY miss Chiller. Chiller's footprint is not really completely taken up, maybe they can re-add Chiller and we'll have the best of both worlds. Well, worst comes to worst, I'll try to win the lottery and set it up in a vacant lot somewhere and charge $50 a ride $$$$$$$$$$$$ :):lol::P

I do like Kingda Ka but I liked Chiller better. There were many times where I rode Chiller ten times or more in a row.

I did that in '98 during an employee rides party. I rode Robin 10 times with out leaving the train, after which I did not feel that great. I felt hungover. :wacko:

Poor Chiller, from however many riders a Season (when it was open) to getting rusty in a field not even on Park property. However that is PSEG territory, I need to get out there to read the Meters at those buildings. I will bring a Camera if I can get that Route. Another observation I just made on the pics. of Chiller, I bet the Trains are in one of those Barn's or Garage's, or at least I hope they are still with the rest of the ride. And where are all the LIM's and Electronics?

Edited by Railer

I felt fine after riding Chiller ten times or more in a row. Only reason I would stop was because I wanted to ride the other coasters. The LIMs and electronics are also probably in those buildings, you don't want to leave that kind of stuff out in the weather if you are trying to sell it.

Edited by The Master

Please note...this is PRIVATE PROPERTY, so do not tresspass looking to get a closeup view or souvenir.

Private property? Phooey! :P

HOLY SH#T!!!! I wasnt expecting that. I wonder how they were able to put it there, maybe, just maybe, their planning a giant overhaul, repainting it, renameing it and returing it to its rightfull home. :D What, cant I dream....

I had the same reaction! And the same dream, too...

Sorry if this is off topic, but so do I. When they first announced the Dark Knight as the "best thing to happen ever at Six FLags" with the videos and renderings so promising, I gladly welcomed the departure of Chiller, thinking the park would bring in bigger and better things. I expected Water Effect to stay and have Showcase and Old Country reopened and not the Ghost town they are today. Now, I admit it, I love the Dark Knight Coaster, I love theming, but I think the coaster is less promising than it was marketed as and was much overrated. Also, the idea of launched coasters never took off with me(no pun intended), but I rode Rockin' Roller Coaster for the first time and now REALLY miss Chiller. Chiller's footprint is not really completely taken up, maybe they can re-add Chiller and we'll have the best of both worlds. Well, worst comes to worst, I'll try to win the lottery and set it up in a vacant lot somewhere and charge $50 a ride $$$$$$ :):lol::P

I want that. I like TDK, but Chiller's the one for me. I remember the sadness I felt when I thought I saw it running one day, and went only to find out it was being taken apart. I would pay the fee, I want just one ride... At least...

Phil, incredible find! We wouldn't have known this without you. As usual, your photos are fantastic! I love seeing the park from the angles only you can share. Thanks for taking to the sky this past weekend! :clap:

Yes, many thanks are in order for Phil! I can't believe how incredible this find was!

I actually know the address. It is 7 Hopkins Place Jackson NJ

*Goes to 7 Hopkins Place*

Please, please, please Great Adventure... Bring it back... I beg of you... Return it to its former glory!!!

I did that in '98 during an employee rides party. I rode Robin 10 times with out leaving the train, after which I did not feel that great. I felt hungover. :wacko:

I also re-rode Robin so many times during the '98 employee party and thought I was going to pass out when I was finished. The torture just continued on Batman The Ride and Freefall....

ahhhh good times!

• 3 weeks later...