VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Anheuser-Busch InBev Stops Flow Of Free Beer At Parks

GAcoaster

From TampaBayOnline.com

Anheuser-Busch InBev Stops Flow Of Free Beer At Parks

Nothing in life is free. Nope, not even Budweiser beer at Busch Gardens or other Busch Entertainment Corp. hospitality centers, including SeaWorld Orlando.

Busch Entertainment Corp. told employees this morning that free samples of Busch's premier product no longer will be provided to theme park patrons.

Visitors of legal age will be able to buy beer at hospitality centers that will be converted into new facilities beginning this month, Busch Entertainment says in an e-mail response to questions about the new policy

The timing and details of hospitality center conversions will vary from park to park, Busch officials said.

The Busch Gardens hospitality house will close briefly at the end of January and reopen with a new café-style menu.

The SeaWorld Orlando location will close Feb. 1 for a longer period to be converted into a restaurant.

Employees and theme park aficionados alike have expected change since InBev, Europe's largest brewer, bought St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch two months ago for $52 billion.

The new company, Anheuser-Busch InBev, is expected to sell the theme park division and focus on making and selling beer.

The poor economy has complicated plans for the sale of the Busch Entertainment Corp. division, which includes 10 theme parks.

In December, Anheuser-Busch InBev said it would trim 1,400 salaried U.S. beer jobs, but no cuts were announced among theme parks.

Not a good start.

I hope InBev makes their sale of the parks to capable hands before making more "silly" decisions. They already stated that they are looking to sell the theme parks, but lets hope they don't butcher them in the meantime to milk the most profit out of this low-priority part of their business.

While this move personally won't effect me since I don't drink, I can see a lot of people getting upset with this. When I was last at Sea World in 2004, the free beer was very popular (lines were huge).