VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Two-Face at SFA has been sold.

The Master

Park News - (1/13/09) Screamscape has heard that Six Flags may have actually sold Two Face: The Flip Side to a local sea-side attraction operator in “Ocean City”. The problem is no one seems to know if this may be Ocean City, MD (Trimper’s perhaps?) or Ocean City, NJ (Gillian’s Wonderland Pier or Playland). Anyone know more? In other news Six Flags America has also launched their own Facebook page where they promise a “HUGE announcement” will be made very soon.

It would be cool if either Wonderland or Playland bought Twoface but I really doubt it.

Edited by The Master

As much as I would love to see Two Face at Gillian's or Playland, I agree it doesn't seem likely either of them bought it. Playland has no room for it and I don't think Gillian's does either.

If it does end up at one of those parks, I guess I am going to be buying a lot of tickets during their Easter sales this year. I bought 3 books of tickets already for both parks but I know at Gillian's it would be at least a 5 ticket ride (nothing is currently above 5 tickets but I could see them charging 6 for this), and a 6 or 7 ticket ride at Playland (I think 6 is the highest amount currently).

The holiday sale is typically 33 cents a ticket for Gillian's, 50 cents for Playland. That is what it was last month plus shipping, and I'd pay up to $3.00 a ride figuring it is a good ride since I have always wanted to try an Invertigo and have heard good things about them compared to the regular Boomerang.

Although not as large as Great Adventure's, it appears that Six Flags America also has a "Spider of Doom"! (photo from Oct 2008)

IMG_8690.jpg

GAdv's Spider of Doom must have went down to SFA and made that web for Two Face. :D But really it's sad when a park loses a major coaster like this.