VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor's History

This winter when temperatures dip and we are all shoveling snow, be sure to warm up and join us as we feature the History of Hurricane Harbor water park. Here's a sneak peek:

Concept art and information on early park plans:

gallery_2_22_257405.jpg

The Storyline of Hurricane Harbor:

gallery_2_22_391234.jpg

Construction of the park:

gallery_2_22_558706.jpg

The park's opening:

gallery_2_22_521960.jpg

Plus all the park's rides and attractions:

gallery_2_22_1964312.jpg

Coming Soon! :surfing:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when HH first opened, my first time there was during it's first year it was a cool, cloudy day and was very uncrowded. They even closed the park down early that day! The park did not have many ads for HH's opening, not even on TV. I think for most of HH's first summer the river was not open most of the time. The Hurricane Mountain slide tower was not built until the second year.

• 1 month later...

For those of you looking forward to the Hurricane Harbor Spotlight, unfortunately due to an agressive Spotlight schedule planned for the next couple of months we will delaying this one until Memorial Day weekend. The upside is you can read all about the history of HH before visiting it on opening day that weekend. :surfing:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

You know, I'm building a schoolhouse out of the bricks you made me crap out of from excitement!! And it looks like you'll surpass the record set by the Fright Fest spotlight

Edited by MarioSonic94

Everyone cross your fingers Dell can get my laptop up and running so I can finish the spotlights :cursing:

My laptop died on Sunday (while we were in Orlando) and hasn't been able to boot up since despite running diagnostics several times. I think I need professional help...