VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Off Season Tour - March 18th, 2009

29yrswithaGApass

A couple of things that I want to ask you guys,

Did the park say anything else about the leds? Are they just for the Big Wheel or will we see the them on other rides and buildings?

Another thing, was the Skyride changed in any way? It seems all the origional rides are getting overhauled and the Skyride did have different color cars on it in the map.

And finally was any work done on Skull Mountain such as fixing the waterfall?

If you guys can answer any of those for me that would be awsome. You guys are always the best at getting all the up to date information on the park. :thumbup1:

Sounds like there is some "Behind the scenes" work going on. Hopefully since the park has really kicked it into gear with nailing the current operations and having all the rides running as they should we should see the park prepairing for some much needed additions. *cough* Flats *cough* ;)

Edited by Chiller4life

I am happy to see more lockers being put in place, i wish they put them at all the coaster (Rolling Thunder and Mine train). These new lockers will prevent the employees from having to deal with guest stealing stuff from the ride platform, which happened multple times this past season at the rides without lockers. Also they are making Park Services jobs a little eisier with some of the new policies that food has put into effect this comming season

Don't let the word 'History' in our site name fool you! We LOVE the park's past but we are just as interested in all the new things.

Today's new stuff is tomorrow's history! :selfcentered:

This place is becoming a big part of Great Adventure's history, present, and future. Best GA site that there is, And the future will only solidify that fact.

Also they are making Park Services jobs a little eisier with some of the new policies that food has put into effect this comming season

Such as what?

It sounds like without a big new attraction to focus on the park is really focusing on the small details this winter, and that's great news.

I am glad to see great adventure restoring the carousel. I was wondering when they would do that. Living in this area i am glad i have 2 carousels of this magnitude in the area. The other one being the nunleys one which is currently being restored and going in by the craddle of aviation museum. I am pretty sure it has wooden horses also.

After some digging the nunleys one is wooden. Too bad gadv cant put a ring game on theirs like some of the other wooden carousels had/have.

Edited by majortom1981

• 7 months later...
Hey Harry is there anyway to join you guys on the 2010 off season tour this year, would love to come along!

We'll need to see what our options are this winter for us. All our tours last year were pretty much impromptu trips while at the park. Sometimes we didn't plan on checking things out until we asked to get pictures of the Carousel and Big Wheel rehabs for the book.

Thats true, last season they did make everyone, even rehires do the tour, so tht will be my pre season tour, im hoping that the hiring package comes in dec, that way we can look forward to the hiring fair hopfully in january , nothing like a day at the employment center, lol