VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFGA 4/9/09

CablesEric

^^ Originally I was hoping to get out to the park tonight but it is project crunch-time and I am not going to make it to GA.

Eric, if you happen to be there tonight in the dark and the Big Wheel has new lights can you take a picture (assuming you have a camera or cellphone camera with you)?

No lights yet, there was a delay in their arrival.

Everything was up and running except the Skyride (still too windy--the buzzer was going off in the DS Station), Congo Rapids and the Splashwater Oasis.

gallery_1_9_284877.jpg

The park was pretty crowded...a lot of New Yorkers. :rolleyes:

Eric, if you happen to be there tonight in the dark and the Big Wheel has new lights can you take a picture (assuming you have a camera or cellphone camera with you)?

I was just thinking that, but I didn't bring it today.

Now I don't need to worry about that.

It's definitely a beautiful day! I hope you are exaggerating with the crowds! We are going so a friend can get his Season pass and hopefully hit a couple of rides.

I know around Easter there are some big jewish groups at the park. Any big bus groups can crowd up everything fast.

Edited by The Master

Everything was up and running except the Skyride (still too windy--the buzzer was going off in the DS Station), Congo Rapids and the Splashwater Oasis.

Cables was open for about 30 minutes when I first got into the park to work Cables,but it then had to close for high winds,that buzzer is soooo annoying lol.And yes there were with the NYer thing lol,I heard alot of accents when I was at Batman.

I know around Easter there are some big jewish groups at the park. Any big bus groups can crowd up everything fast.

They are going to be there Sunday and Monday which is why I am not going Monday. I went on a day they were there last year and it was way too crowded. Nitro into the switchbacks, even GASM was close to 30 minutes!

If it was crowded today, I guess it will be crowded the whole time during Spring Break week. My trip in 2007 during the week in April where the park was dead was just a fluke I guess.

Thanks for posting that info Yoshi, I was planning going Monday but I think I am going to change what day I will be going. A couple years back around Easter I was at the park on one of those group days and everything had god awlful long lines, even the Qbot rental center looked to have had a line over an hour long just to rent a Qbot. Endded up going home pretty early that day.

• 3 months later...

gallery_1_9_284877.jpg

i was there that day and im from new york :)