VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Coasters After Dark- May 1, 2009

GAcoaster

Weather permitting, I hope to be there too! I've never been to one before and it just sounds so cool. Anyone know if the Season Pass processing stations will be open? I have one friend who has a season pass, but hasn't gotten it processed yet and would probably want to go on Friday, but not if processing's not open...

I really hope the weather is decent for Friday night.

IF for some reason it isn't, I hope everyone will understand if they cancel. While I understand it is frustrating, they can't keep the park open for a handful of people if the weather is bad.

Do they usually reschedule these type of events if they cancel it? I know last year when they closed early for Family Fall Fun Night a few people said the reason they couldn't reschedule is because of preparing for Frightfest.

Friday May 8th for example looks like it could work, since the park looks like it is only open during the day for physics day? like this upcoming Friday.

My main problem with them canceling is they don't let you know until you are already at the park and see the driveway gates closed. With Family Fun Night last year I called twice, yes we will be open, checked their website yes the park will be open. Drive there to find padlocked gates and I was not the only driver there going WTF?

Edited by The Master

My main problem with them canceling is they don't let you know until you are already at the park and see the driveway gates closed. With Family Fun Night last year I called twice, yes we will be open, checked their website yes the park will be open. Drive there to find padlocked gates and I was not the only driver there going WTF?

I also called before I left, was told 5 - 10. I got to the park around 5:15 and a security guard told me they might be closing in an hour. The actual announcement was made at around 6:50 that the park was closing at 7:30, but I still feel bad for people like you who showed up to be turned away.

If it is raining on Friday, I'll still call before I leave but I am going to make sure I get there right at 5, so if they close early, it won't be a wasted trip.

Now weather.com is saying few showers and 30%, much better than the 50% and thunderstorms they said yesterday and much better than the upper 60's, 80% - 90% chance of rain that they said for Family Fall Fun Night.

Edited by Yoshi

For anyone planning on going tonight, don't expect the park to stay open until 10 unless by some miracle a LOT of people show up. It's supposed to be off and on rain all day with a good chance of thunderstorms AND strong winds blowing. With all those factors, I have a feeling tonight will be a washout.

My advice is anyone traveling a long distance might want to wait for a better day to visit rather than be disappointed.

Right now it looks ok but they are saying storms later. I also agree about the park closing early. There is no way enough people are going to show up for the park to stay open. I don't know what the number is, but I am guessing it is over 500 (since they closed with less than 500 for Family Fall Fun Night) and it seems unlikely enough people will show up.

I don't even care if KK is closed, if I am able to get a ton of rides in 2 hours it would still be worth it for me.

I will try going tonight since it's not a real long distance for me to get to the park. But my gut is telling me they probably won't be open all the way to 10 tonight. Hopefully their phone number and facebook thing will work better than it did last year. Here's a tip, if you call their phone number and nobody picks up that means the park has already closed early.

Just checked the weather again. The threat of thunderstorms looks to have diminished and rain will stop around 6 with a chance of more rain between 8-9. Also, I just called the park and they said they are still opening. I've got my rain coat and umbrella, I'll be there. Hopefully I won't get to wet.

Edit: Its 4:47, I work 15 minutes away from the park, just looked outside and it's not raining.

Edited by CablesEric