VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2009

It's never too soon to talk about Fright Fest!

thumb_2008FFlogo.jpg

Here is this year's description on Great Adventure's webpage.

Begining Oct. 3, Six Flags will unearth frightful fun for the entire family during our most popular festival of the year. Join us for Thrills by Day and Chills by Night! Before 6 p.m. enjoy Halloween-themed shows for kids, but after 6 p.m. when the sun begins to set, the ghouls come out to haunt the midways. Evening hours feature bone-chilling walkthrough attractions, eerie shows and teeth-chattering thrill rides.

The walkthroughs are back... hayrides anyone?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about Fright Fest tonite at the Park as well. I had to stop by Guest Relation's to pick up all my Bizarro "swag" that I didn't get since I missed the Media Event (thank's Paul) and it was in a big Fright Fest envelope.

Dead Man's Party always has such a huge turnout. I think they should relocate it to a decked-out Stunt Arena. They could really dress the place up with cobwebs and black bunting. The venue would allow for everyone watching the show to have an excellent view of the stage while comfortably seated. Besides, this would allow them to keep the Big Wheel open during the Fall with those brand new LEDs!

^ That or the indoor Showcase theater would be great, I always thought having the show in front of The Big Wheel was weird. I really hope the hayride returns this year but I doubt it. Last year's walkthroughs were pretty lame and not really worth the time ifthey were free yet alone paying $5 to do them. At least make the walkthroughs free cause they were not worth even $1.

Edited by The Master

Dead Man's Party always has such a huge turnout. I think they should relocate it to a decked-out Stunt Arena. They could really dress the place up with cobwebs and black bunting. The venue would allow for everyone watching the show to have an excellent view of the stage while comfortably seated. Besides, this would allow them to keep the Big Wheel open during the Fall with those brand new LEDs!

That is a great idea, they could end the Awakening parade there instead of starting it there.

Dead Man's Party was an amazing show at SFNE. Lad you guys still have it. It's a high end show and really should be in a theater or arena.

The Hay ride sounds really cool. I have only been to freight fest at SFNE and TGE.

SFA in MD also has Deadman's Party I think in there old Batman theater but you have to be careful about parking your car there! They also used to have a haunted train ride, SFStL used to have both a haunted train ride and a hayride which must have been really cool.

I don't like the idea of Dead Mans Party being in one of the theaters because I am deathly scared of the chainsaws and I enjoy seeing Dead man's party and the two little main paths to go to the different ends of the park are basically the only safe zones for me. :o

I do like the idea of a haunted hayride and train ride, but again i don't know if i would be ever to get on it because of the fact that i don't go into the 'haunted midways'

For about 18 years GAdv has had hayride in the fall but they stopped having it in the last 2 years. I wish they would bring it back since the walkthoughs are lame.

The very last year hayride was pretty lame but the year before the last was pretty good. I think the hayride's big advantage over walkthoughs is that the fact you are riding in a wagon limits how much people can misbehave especially if their is a employee onboard to watch people. Walkthoughs allow people to misbehave more and hassle the performers. I thought the walkthoughs last year were lame and not worth the upcharge price. You can still see the old hayride gargoyles by Roaring Rapids from Nitro, don't know why the park doesn't use them elsewhere for FF. The last few years of the Hayride they used mostly New Holland "Boomer" tractors, a few John Deeres, and at least one old Ford tractor. I remember one year they pretended that the tractors broke down during the second half of the ride and you had to walk and it was pretty lame.

Edited by The Master

I asked Mark on Saturday about the haunted houses, he said that you still will have to pay for them. He wants to make them better and to have crowd control. Less people will go through them if you have to pay each time they go through them.

Edited by Chiller

• 1 month later...

I really wish Six Flags would take Fright Fest seriously and not have horrible trails.Sorry I'm spoiled by going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal.But I'm not asking for a Horror Nightish event cause no park comes close to it,but if SF would catch up to even Cedar Fairs Haunt they would bring in more people,cause people know FF is a joke of an event to get scared wise...Don't get why we have to pay for it though,it's pretty dumb and the only company who does it,but hey they need the money..

The problem is, the park isn't hurting for attendance when it comes to Fright Fest. Until the attendance drops, they have no reason (or funds) to expand Fright Fest. We'll see if Dorney's increased investment in The Haunt starts to make a dent in GA's attendance. I have a feeling it will, but I also have a feeling that if it does well, Dorney will turn their event into a separate charge event.

I can tell you that Dorney was alot more busy last fall with their new haunt. Sadly GAdv's FF has been going downhill for many years, the FF things I look forward to anymore are Elvira and Dead Man's Party, I really miss the Hayride into the Unknown and Bad Bob.

I hope Dorney doesn't make Haunt an extra charge.

I agree that it was a little more crowded for Haunt in 2008 than Halloweekends in 2006 and 2007 but it still didn't seem packed. I went 3 times all on Sundays, once during the day, twice at night. During the day it was empty as usual and on the night visits, the haunted attractions looked to have lines of 20 - 30 minutes but the rides had little to no waits (nothing more than 10 minutes)

whichh is scarier Fright Fest or The Haunt?

Does anyone know what is going on in 2009 fright fest like if The Asylum is returning or more things??

and maybe with the haunt fright fest will get less crowded :]?

I wish they put Bizarro on backwards for fright fest since it would be bizarre C:

Harry, while I think your idea is spectacular, I think it would be a bit awkward for the park to do that. Only because as you probably know, the Awakening begins right next to the stunt arena. So they would have to make a 180 and go right back where they started to put the show on. I think that out of all the locations in the park to have DMP, the Stunt Arena is the best, however, I can also picture it taking place in Norther Star if the Big Wheel stage ever was out of commission.

^ Hey Chris, they could always have the Awakening start out of the Congo Rapids gate by Nitro and proceed around Granny's and back towards the Stunt Arena.

The problem with the Northern Star Arena is the facility is so huge that the show would get lost in there. Even a good size crowd would only fill a small portion of the seats (let alone the floor) and it wouldn't have the same intimate feel of the current show. Not that you really want to be too intimate with some ghouls! :wub:

The aWAKEning could easily come out of the gates where the cabanas are, and go around the fountain and wind back towards the employee gate next to the stunt arena. That could lead the crowds down to the Arena from the fountain, and allow them to pull the vehicles and hearses off the walkways into the backstage area and all the performers could emerge from the backstage area into the Stunt Arena floor for their opening number.

• 2 weeks later...
Dead mans party will be back!!! And 2 terror trails, demented forest and escape from the asylum, and mr. sixs spooktacular dancefest or something like that...They were telling us about it at the pep rally today...figured if they told all of us then its not a problem to say it here.

Any word on "Elvira's Superstition"?