VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Would troubled rides stop you from riding?

gafreak

If it's like a carnival ride it might. If it's a ride at Six Flags, Hershey or big parks like those no. With the exception of Son of Beast. I don't think I would ever ride that after what happened in the last few years.

Knowing what I know about how the rides operate, MOST downtime is the rides systems being overly cautious and shutting them down as a preventative measure. I feel very confident that they are completely safe to ride.

Now a carnival or the boardwalk (or even some of the smallest parks), I'm terrified of!

It depends

Carnival or portaple rides-YES IT WOULD!!!

Boardwalk- depends on accident or downtime. I heard wilcat at Keansburg was closed because somebody went on it and was so heavy, they blew out the breaks. I believe it, but I still ride the ride. Any accident at all, probably not.

Theme Park-No. If the ride had an accident like heart attack due to a pre-existing condition, I would ride it. ANything caused by the ride, like the Superman tower at KK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnival rides, yes. I won't go to carnivals at all as I don't trust the safety of rides and how they are put together, taken down and put back together so often.

Otherwise, I trust rides that are in permanent locations rides with a few exceptions. 1 is Zamperla Wild Mouse coasters. The one that was at Gillian's had that horrible accident that killed 2 people and then when it moved to Magic Springs someone fell out of the ride. Based on that, I would never ride that particular coaster and am hesitant to ride any kind of that model at all (clones of the ride I mean).

• 3 weeks later...

Living at the shore for the past 36 years I've heard the rumors of how inspections are handled for boardwalk rides. I can't prove a thing, they're just stories that have been going around for decades. Keeping that in mind, I'd definitely have a problem with rides at the boardwalk or even a carnival that often have breakdowns of a significant nature.