VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Enterprise I - Park's original ride model

29yrswithaGApass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I vote for the first one. it was big and the sleds were comfotable and roomy. Even thou the load was mostly 2 oper car. Lots of time there were 3.As long as everyone was seated on the cushion. And I know this for a fact my Mom and uncle and i did it. And i was 23 yrs old. I miss all of fun Fair really. :hot_air_balloon:

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

They used to play the Star Trek theme (at the original ride location) prior to the ride getting ready to begin. I remember when the Enterprise got moved heading into the 1979 season, I was on line to ride it and there were two or three guys ahead of us who had Star Trek shirts (the ones you saw on the original TV show).

I haven't been to GA since 1983, but prior to that the only music you heard in the park came from Musik Express, the Carousel and any concert taking place at the Arena in Best of the West.

Isn't it funny how us old-timers here get all fired up talking about the old days of the park? I mean we can remember what we did 40 years ago at GA, but can't remember what we did 40 minutes ago.

They used to play the Star Trek theme (at the original ride location) prior to the ride getting ready to begin. I remember when the Enterprise got moved heading into the 1979 season, I was on line to ride it and there were two or three guys ahead of us who had Star Trek shirts (the ones you saw on the original TV show).

I haven't been to GA since 1983, but prior to that the only music you heard in the park came from Musik Express, the Carousel and any concert taking place at the Arena in Best of the West.

Isn't it funny how us old-timers here get all fired up talking about the old days of the park? I mean we can remember what we did 40 years ago at GA, but can't remember what we did 40 minutes ago.

Ain't that the truth. I still remember details going to GA for the first time in 1979 on a high school trip, but can't remember what I ate for dinner the other night. LOL

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Enterprise I - Park's original ride model