VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Enterprise I - Park's original ride model

29yrswithaGApass

just wondering, why are the Enterprise spotlightes not combined?

Unlike Lightnin' Loops which was considered one attraction, or Medusa/Bizarro which was the same ride rethemed, Enterprise1 and Enterprise2 were two totally different rides which were located in different parts of the park during different time periods. If it was the same ride we would have done one Spotlight like we did for Schwabinchen/El Sombrero.

The first time I recall seeing a picture of this ride was when I bought the sleeve of GAF Pana-vue Great Adventure slides around 1981. Not realizing at first that it was a completely different ride than the newer Enterprise, I always wondered why they would remove that cool spaceman backdrop!

Nice Spotlight. I really like the use of the word "Festooned"!!! I don't remember this version of the Enterprise at the Park, I was too little to ride it back then. I do miss having an Enterprise at the Park though, I loved Enterprise 2 growing up.

Good spotlight, I also really miss Enterprise2 at the park. I heard that there are not too many of them left anymore and it's hard to find parts for them. Dorney still has a Enterprise for now.

Edited by The Master

The enterprise was one great ride, it was sad to hear when it was removed.Iwould love to see this ride back in the park again ,maybe a new updated version. This was one of my favorites growing up and for many years the first ride of the day since it was so close to the entrance.The spotlights are great and i even have the enterprise as my

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I loved this ride. The first employee party I attended in 75 was in this area. The ride operator would not letting anyone off. Rather, after sending us backwards, he would start it up again (going forward). He did this 3 or 4 times. A great ride at 1 am.

Yes it did, that's what made the ride great. You did not have time to get yourself focused before being whipped backwards. It was always fun trying to walk a straight line after getting off.

• 3 months later...

The photo below of the original Enterprise was used by the park in 1979 to promote the new model of the Enterprise. It was noted that the "ride is coming back to Great Adventure by popular demand." Also mentioned, "a similar version of the ride was at the park during the mid-'70s prior to Six Flags management, whcih begain in October 1977."

gallery_2_535_1239812.jpg

• 4 months later...

Will the Enterprise ever be comming back to the park? I really do miss this ride alot.