VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Congo Rapids Repairs

Chiller

It must not be Haredevil Hare (the worst Bugs Bunny cartoon on the face of the Earth).

That's an interesting idea, but do you have any idea how much money it would cost to build a building around the entire Congo Rapids? Not to mention clearing the trees and everything. I'd much rather see that money invested in some new flat rides or an all new Looney Tunes dark ride some where else. I've always wanted Yosemite Sam's Gold River Adventure at our park.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think people need to get more wet. when i went to universal i wen on popeyes and blutos water ride and everyone got soaked thats how congo rapids should be

congo shouldnt be less wet because it not aWATER ride.

IF YOU DONT LIKE TO GET WET DONT GO ON WATER RIDES.

• 3 weeks later...

i rode congo rapids for the first time since 1996 on monday, and its definitly in need of an overhaul, although i did get drenched there were only 2 rapids and the get blast, it will be nice to see if 2011 brings us a revamp progect with more rapids and return of the water falll

Be careful as you walk though the queue because there is some poison ivy growing though the fence into the queue's walkway. There is also some on the exit stairs.

• 1 month later...
actually the rehab was promished for NEXT year-

Quite frankly, something like poison ivy growing into a ride's line is nothing but pure neglect and should not require a ride to be "rehabbed" in order to be addressed. Unfortunately, so many of Great Adventure's infrastructure problems are really nothing more than neglect over time. Building massively expensive rollercoasters year after year has meant sacrificing basic park upkeep and it is a real shame.

Quite frankly, something like poison ivy growing into a ride's line is nothing but pure neglect and should not require a ride to be "rehabbed" in order to be addressed. Unfortunately, so many of Great Adventure's infrastructure problems are really nothing more than neglect over time. Building massively expensive rollercoasters year after year has meant sacrificing basic park upkeep and it is a real shame.

Well, it's not just the poison ivy being fixed for this rehab. I'm at least hoping that we'll see some new theming elements, but I'm sure (if it still happens) that we'll see some new effects. I had a really elaborate idea over at GADV.com about adding to the Congo Rapids storyline, but it was basically making the story a Congo River Tour gone awry, complete with animatronic animals and angry natives and more waterfalls.

I'll try and bring my whole idea over here.

What I was thinking is that SFKK has closed and but there still negiotating over who owns the rides. It's quite obvious if it reopens there will be no Looney Tunes or DC Comics theming, but they're river ride was themed to the penguin. Since Congo Rapids is still kind of in MovieTown, the cheap and economical thing to do would be to add that themiong to Congo.,

Well, it's not just the poison ivy being fixed for this rehab. I'm at least hoping that we'll see some new theming elements, but I'm sure (if it still happens) that we'll see some new effects. I had a really elaborate idea over at GADV.com about adding to the Congo Rapids storyline, but it was basically making the story a Congo River Tour gone awry, complete with animatronic animals and angry natives and more waterfalls.

I'll try and bring my whole idea over here.

It is not really hard work to get rid of poison ivy, you just spray it with plant killer. Pretty basic upkeep really, it should never have been allowed to happen.

It is not really hard work to get rid of poison ivy, you just spray it with plant killer. Pretty basic upkeep really, it should never have been allowed to happen.

The rehab isn't surrounding the poison ivy. It's about the actual ride. I agree, poison ivy is easy to get rid of.

• 1 month later...
JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA! For 2009, entirely enclose the rapids and it's queue and turn it into a Looney Tunes themed raft ride, VERY similar to the boat ride at SFOT. The queue would be an"underwater tunnel to the loading station for rafts to go down the Mighty' Missispppisisiisi(purposely misspelled) where Yosemite Sam is sailing away with stolen money. Along the way, you see wanted posters, news articles, and even newsreels, along with favorite Looney Tunes cartoons. the ride would basically follow SFOT plot, but at the end, there would be a gun fight between Bugs and Yosemite in a whiskey factory, where gunshots have riddled the wholes of many barrels squirting rider and these will act as water falls. The ride would then end like SFOT's and guest would exit , not right by Nitro, but into another tunnel leading back to WB Studios(AKA Movietown) and leave you off where Batman's photo booth used to be.
instead of that we got a rethemed medusa...sfgadv needs to option a lot of the ideas on here