VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hope For The Holidays- POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER

GAcoaster

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just made my day, I know it might be silly to go just for 1 ride but I am going to be going crazy after November 1st so making the offseason start a little later is great plus it is for a good cause. I almost hope it is Nitro that runs since too many Kingda Ka rides starts to make my head hurt where I can marathon ride Nitro a lot more without starting to feel sick.

It's open to anyone who brings a donation though right? (I just want to make sure it wasn't only for people who got the flyer).

And I also really want to see Holiday In the Park next year if they will run rides unlike Great Escape.

Edited by Yoshi

The deal at SFMM is for a whole day with the park open though isn't it?

I can't see this being too crowded. It's at a difficult time for people who work a traditional scheduled job to attend, only 1 ride is open that is too intense for a lot of people plus anyone under 54" can't ride so that eliminates a lot of families from attending and it's only for 2 hours.

Unless a lot of locals show up, I can't imagine most people are willing to drive that far for 1 ride and such a short event. I'm the exception because I know by that week I'll already be counting the days until March 27th so driving close to an hour each way for a few rides isn't that big of a deal to me.

Edited by Yoshi

We just got some new details.

Guests will enter next to Scream Machine (Gate 2 for anyone familiar with the gates), and the plan currently is to open Ka if the weather holds out, and El Toro will be running as well (just ET if it's rainy). Of course all that is subject to last minute changes, but I'm looking forward to El Toro.

It's supposed to be rainy unfortuanatly,so looks like I won't be getting my first night ride on Ka in this season <_< but hey 2 hours of Toro is good too!What happened to Nitro as a back up? I wouldn't be suprised if they changed there mind since they want a ride open for those 48 inchers.

Edited by Mike13

I wish they had gone with another coaster besides Toro, since it looks like that is going to be the only ride open if it rains as forecasted and since I can't ride it, I'm probably not going to go now :(