VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What are your favorite video games?

MarioSonic94

This topic will be on our favorite video games

Here's my Top 10

10. Sonic 3 & Knuckles- Sega Genesis

hexagon_emeralds_sonic3.JPG

The first two Sonic games were great games. But when this came out, it completely knocked the bar down and became an instant classic. In my opinion, the best way to play this game is to lock it on to the Sonic and Knuckles cartridge

9. Super Mario World- Super NES

super-mario-world.jpg

I consider this to be the Super NES' magnum opus. With great gameplay and kick a** music, this is my must download when I get the Virtual Console

8. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (and additional expansion packs)- PC

rollercoaster-tycoon-3-soaked-20050421034300745-000.jpg

This is the true sequel to the original Roller Tycoon. This game introduced alot of new features like a Coaster Cam, the ability to build water parks (Soaked!) and build in park zoos (Wild!). I am hoping that RCT4 takes this same game engine and also adds a craplot of new features

7. New Super Mario Bros.- Nintendo DS

new-super-mario-bros-20060419013207295_640w.jpg

After 13 years, Mario finally returned to his roots of 2D platforming. With new moves like the wall jump and new powerups like the Mega Mushroom, Mario's sidescrolling return is a triumphant one.

6. Lego Star Wars Complete Saga- Wii (The version I have)

starwars.jpg

Instead of listing the seperate games in different places, I decided to list a game that combines both games. Lego managed to create a game that retells the Star Wars saga with some funny stuff placed in.

5. The Simpsons Game- Wii (Same goes here)

simpsons_game.jpg

Despite having problems (most notably with the game's camera system), the huge amount of humor in the game makes up for that. This game feels like watching a marathon of good Simpsons episodes. The only thing that sucks about the Wii version is that it doesn't have certain things like the Xbox 360 version (i.e. the Xbox version has a different Matt Groening boss fight)

4. Yoshi's Island/Yoshi's Island DS (tie) Super NES/Nintendo DS

Super_Mario_World_2_Yoshis_Island_SNES_ScreenShot3.jpg

yoshis-island-ds-20061109051331118_640w.jpg

The only downside of this game are the babies constant crying everytime Yoshi gets hit by an enemy. Other than that, this is a fun platformer. What really made the SNES Yoshi's Island stand out is the final boss fight.

3. Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort- Wii (obviously)

wii-sports-20060518052236713.jpg

wii-sports-resort-20080715110346342_640w.jpg

What Wii owner wouldn't put this game on their favorite games list. My favorite sports in the original are baseball and bowling. In Resort, my favorites are waveboarding and swordplay.

2. Super Mario Galaxy- Wii

super-mario-galaxy-20071107020423368_640w.jpg

Just when people thought that nothing could top the greatness known as Super Mario 64, this masterpiece came out. With great gameplay and excellent music, this is a must-own for Wii owners and future Wii-owners

1- Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse- Sega Genesis

mickey_mouse-castle_of_illusion.jpg

Surprised you, didn't I. What a great game Sega did for the Genesis prior to Sonic. This game may look easy, but at times, it is difficult. What really makes this game stand out is it's music. It's not as reconizable as Super Mario World's music, but it is still kick a**.

Edited by MarioSonic94

• 4 months later...

Bomberman 64: While somewhat difficult, the gameplay is great and I love the music and sound effects, the multiplayer battles, and even customizing Bomberman!

Super Smash Bros. series: To be honest, the original Smash Bros. for the N64 is the best, better than Brawl because there is no annoying Sonic, Kirby was awesome and much stronger than in the next 2 games and I loved the music and SFX and the fun minigames (Break the Targets and Board the Platforms). Melee was also an awesome game in the series with more stages, more characters, a great Adventure mode, hilarious and fun Event Matches and the addition of trophies. Brawl, while not perfect, is a good game for Wii, with the addition of more characters, including Snake and R.O.B., stages (Best: Delfino Plaza, Worst: Green Hill Zone), the Stage Builder, the addition of stickers, camera is now part of the pause menu, My Music (allows you change the % of which songs are played), and even more fun Event Matches (The Monster Beneath the Earth and The Hammer of the King were funny on Hard difficulty!).

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis): The best Sonic game ever made! This game is too awesome for a description!! :D

Kirby 64: Cute graphics, most power combos are useful (such as Stone-Cutter, Cutter-Bomb, Fire-Stone, etc.), perfect music, creative stages, and great gameplay.

Kirby Super Star/Dreamland 2: The best Kirby game ever made! No comment needed.

Mario Party 2 and 8: Mario Party 2 was the best Mario Party game I have ever played because it is an improvement for the slow original with minigames being both fair and fun, great soundtrack and sound effects, and awesome boards, including Space Land, the most brilliant board of the entire game! Mario Party 8 has more easier minigames (excluding Sugar Rush, In the Nick of Time, Flip the Chimp, Chump Rope [when you have to jump on the rope], Cut from the Team and Kartastrophe, etc.) thanks to the Wii-mote, great music and voice acting, and creative boards like Booty Boardwalk and Haunted Hideway.

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow: The original generation of Pokemon was the greatest, as it was the birth of the series.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: The second generation was pathetic mainly because of Pokerus and Cleffa, but had a few good Pokemon like Umbreon, Forretress, and Lugia and the addition to genders and breeding. The third generation was an improvement to the second with the addition to natures, contests, abilities, and double battles, but it was still as difficult as the second gen. But the fourth generation was like a clean, fresh new ideas, the contests got easier, Pokemon personalities got better with the addition of characteristics (little notes like "Somewhat stubborn" or "Loves to eat"), the use of the Touch screen, and more Pokemon (some good like Dialga, Bronzong, and Rampardos; while some horrible. most notably Floatzel, the worst Water-type Pokemon ever).

Ratchet & Clank: I haven't played this game in YEARS. This game is very fun and wacky, combined with the excellent plot and music, and a variety of gadgets at the time of its release.

Vectorman 1 and 2: Great music, great sound effects, good level designs, awesome selection of weapons and morph forms. Like Jinx (the NASA robot from SpaceCamp) and Bender, Vectorman is one awesome robot!!

Honorable Mentions:

Sonic CD the Hedgehog/Sonic CD (not Sonic the Hedgehog CD): While not perfect as Sonic 2, even though the game, both in Japanese and American versions, has a flaw or two, has very good music, good level design and an improvement for Wacky Workbench WITHOUT the freezing blast machines, but instead they burn him.

Kirby's Dreamland 3: Like Bomberman 64, it's somewhat difficult, but it's fun and has a good replay value. Also, the music and sound effects are done very well. The graphics looks like a mix of some quiet anime by Studio Ghlibi (Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro) and a child's oil pastel drawing.

Edited by GAThriller

Just when people thought that nothing could top the greatness known as Super Mario 64, this masterpiece came out. With great gameplay and excellent music, this is a must-own for Wii owners and future Wii-owners

I hated Super Mario Galaxy due to the difficulty, Mario's incredibly puny life bar, and its confusing, harder levels. However, I liked the music, more specifically the remix of the Underground level in the original Super Mario Bros. and Bowser's Road in Mario 64 (which had a larger life bar for Mario), the graphics and gameplay seem good.

Edited by GAThriller

• 1 year later...

Updated list.

10. Sonic 1 & 2 (Sega Genesis)

genesissonic1_2.gif

sonic-2.jpg

9. Nazi Zombies (Xbox 360/PS3)

cod_waw_nazi_zombies_4901.jpg

8. New Super Mario Bros. (DS & Wii)

59369-27-2.jpg

new-super-mario-bros-wii.jpg

7. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (Dreamcast/Gamecube)

Sonic%20Adventure-Killer%20Whale--article_image.jpg

3.jpg

6. Super Mario 64 (N64)

n64_super_mario_64_start.jpg

5. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sega Genesis)

sonic3%26knuckles_shrine2.jpg

4. Gunstar Heroes (Sega Genesis)

Gunstar-Heroes.jpg

3. Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

sw1.png

2. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (Wii)

super-mario-galaxy-20071107020423368_640w.jpg

screenshot4--article_image.jpg

1. Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (Sega Genesis)

Mickey_mouse-castle_of_illusion.jpg

Edited by MarioSonic94

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...