VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 1- Repair Skull Mountain

Skull Mountain is a great ride its about time they Repair Skull Mountain because i would hate to see the ride leave the park like the other great rides Six Flags Great Adventure used to have! :o

The waterfall on the Skull Mountain building changes the structure from just a big box to a themed attraction - not to mention the added theme element it provides when the trains travel behind it on the way to the lift.

I think part of the problem with this ride is that guests expectations are set high in the station. It is themed so well that riders almost expect to see more of the same throughout the ride. When they find out that it is just a big dark room, it is sort of a let down.

Something as simple as a fog machine with strobe lights similar to those used in Fright Fest would make a dramatic difference to the ride experience.

Fixing the masking to better block out light would be a good first step.

I picture adding a couple of simple "gags" from an old fashioned haunted pretzel would be perfect...things that light up as the train passes. Using LEDs would be energy efficient and would be the same technology used on TDK.

I agree this ride needs major work, it need to have something inside of the bldg to make it a themed ride, one strobe and a stupid blow up statue isnt themeing. fix the waterfall so it looks appeling to guests and stop neglecting rides that need work so you can just poll them out . I would take an overhaul on Skull mtn over that turd TDK anyday!!!!

I wish they would let people see all the props in the ride. The pumpkin in the final helix and the skull figure used to be lit up most of the time now it seems they are lit only for Frightfest but there is that 2nd pumpkin that you can only see when the strobes are on and the 2 tiki masks that are almost impossible to see. I know one is by the first drop and I saw the 2nd one on closing day 2008 when there was a ton of light in the building because some hatch was open but I forget where it is.

I also don't like the changing of the station music. It used to have that spooky type music and the new techno music really goes against what the theme of the ride is.

First they could fix the lighting for the props that are already in there which Yoshi already pointed out. I know the roof leaks so they should also fix that. Back in 1999 they had a whole mess of stuff in Skull Mt for FF such as the scary music and giant pumpkins but they also used to have ghosts and projections.

What I want to see:

1. All the openings closed ( Maintnence swicth, utility hatch,)

2. Turn the curtains into walls.

3. Light up the tiki near the end, and the second pumkin.

4. Add on board music so it sounds better.

5. Add a tunil in the end.

6. Redo the front building and bring back the waterfall. (the old cue area would be nice too!)

• 5 months later...

For this season, they've done the lighting inside very well! They light up the monsters, but the rest of the building is still dark. So the big drop swoops around the huge skull whom I've named "Fred", and the pumpkin's been lit up as well. Kudos to the park for doing this, but I think some suspensful music going up the second lift and some fog and strobe effects, as well as light up effects like the Mummy in Orlando has (cheap but cool things that light up as you pass under them, like the mummy reaching out towards the train) would make the ride better than a coaster in a dark gymnasium.

• 5 weeks later...