VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 8- Update the Lighting on Gingerbread Fancy/Granny's

Well the only table service resturant I know of is Best of the West. This could benefit and hinder the park in both ways.

The LED idea is close to happening. The Boardwalk may have LED come 2010 season because I remember seeing test bulbs in near DDD. Let's all hope so.

Best of the West isn't table service...

If I'm making a day trip to a crowded theme park, the last thing I'm going to do is waste time (and more money) on a restaurant with table service...

Disney, BEC, and Universal all offer "table service" restaurants. They all seem to draw a good crowd and be profitable (Disney especially). Granted, not everyone desires full service amenities. Considering Great Adventure is devoid of such facilities, one experiment could prove beneficial. I know of many people who choose "table service" specifically to get away from the crowds at theme parks, for an extended period. All parks also draw local crowds to their "table service" restaurants.

Not everyone likes "cafeteria style" buffets either, yet Great Adventure has tried with moderate success.

I know at Hershey it is always nice to go to the Tudor Grill which is a sit down restaurant and right outside the park gates. To break up the day and sit down and relax for a little while is good.

If Great Adventure did get a table service restaurant, I'd probably go there over anywhere else in the park the few times in eat in the park each season.

Disney, BEC, and Universal all offer "table service" restaurants. They all seem to draw a good crowd and be profitable (Disney especially). Granted, not everyone desires full service amenities. Considering Great Adventure is devoid of such facilities, one experiment could prove beneficial. I know of many people who choose "table service" specifically to get away from the crowds at theme parks, for an extended period. All parks also draw local crowds to their "table service" restaurants.

Not everyone likes "cafeteria style" buffets either, yet Great Adventure has tried with moderate success.

Disney, BEC and Universal are in cities that are multi-day destinations; if I'm spending more than one day, I may be more open to the idea of sacrificing time in a crowded theme park to a restaurant with table service...

Back to the topic of the lighting now, shall we?