VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Tornado Construction Watch

gafreak

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_154_472_4629.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality picture, its taken with my blackberry, anyway, the blue and yellow bundles that are in the center of the pic are the sections of the new slide, this is the main exit road that runs along the side of HH. they take up the whole roadway and have orange cones around them, ill try to get better pics in next few days

gallery_154_472_4629.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality picture, its taken with my blackberry, anyway, the blue and yellow bundles that are in the center of the pic are the sections of the new slide, this is the main exit road that runs along the side of HH. they take up the whole roadway and have orange cones around them, ill try to get better pics in next few days

Just be careful with the pictures you post,Management reads these boards too as you probably know,and they really don't like employees posting this stuff even if were not employed right now by Six Flags.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don;t think it will delay things. When SFNE installed theirs they constructed the steal structure in the flume retention pond. They just need to plow aside some of the snow. the pool itself and the tower won;t take long to construct.

Not too thrilled over a tornado slide. I have been on 2 the one at SFNE and a Compact version at Funtown Splashtown USA in Me. They are a bit over installed. Sort of the Boomerang of water slides in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a little upset with the placement of Tornado. I figured the open funnel side would face the road and the splashdown would face the waterpark, either way it still is going to look impressive. I also noticed that by the placement of the "station" and extended waterslide piece on the right of the slide, we are going to get the simple "turn and drop" maneuver. It looks like they will build the viewing platform however which is a good sign.

Turn and Drop

200px-Tornado.JPG

As oppose to something like this...

8-Soak-City-Waterpark-M.jpg

It's cool though. Happy to be getting such a massive ride and can't wait to ride!