VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 13- A New Film for the Simulator Theater

They really need to get rid of Fly Me To The Moon, it is easily the worst simulator film I have seen in any park.

If they had a good film, I'd probably ride more than once or twice a season.

I hate to say it, but FMTTM sill has at least another two years if you go by the history of the park. Both Spongebob and Escape From Dino Island ran for four years.

Those rides were actual attractions though, FMTTM was just an attraction with movie tie in, so basically the park got money for "advertising" it(atleast that's what I heard). Hopefully a REAL movie will come back, maybe RIGHT STUFF!

• 3 weeks later...

It is scary to think that Six Flags Great America just leveled their simulator theater "Space Shuttle America". It was added the same year as Great Adventure's but the building was not as large as GA's. However, it did include a full size replica of the space shuttle orbitor out front.

That park is pressed for space compared to GA. Sounds like they are making room for Chang. :hmm:

IMG_3161.jpg

• 3 months later...
I LOVE that ride. When I went on at Busch Gardens, I waited for 2 hours for that ride, but it was well done. Unfortunaly, it wouldn't fit now would it...

Well, they could always expand the theater to accommodate a ride of that size. I doubt that would happen though because of Six Flags's deal with 5D Attractions or whatever. It is rumored that one of those will be what replaces the theater in 2011.

• 3 weeks later...

ok obviously in 2010 the simulator theatre will no longer be a simulator theatre, but I was thinking, Busch always produces their own simulator movies themselves, what if SIx Flags did that? What if they made a simulator ride themed to Mr.Six driving an out of control bus to Six FLags or something like that?

• 2 months later...