VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 24- Host a Holiday in the Park Event

That would be great, it would help make the offseason a lot shorter and it would be nice to have some coasters open this time of year. I guess only Skull Mountain and TDK would run but I'd take that over no coasters at all.

I remember when they did have a holiday event in the park. I was at least 10 when I went and I think it was probably held 2003 although Im not entirely sure. Anyway, they had a drive in light display, ice skating(yes Im telling the truth for those who don't believe me.), and they had a place to make smores nearby. I had a blast going there and I wish I could do it again. Has anyone else gone to anything like this at Great Adventure or another Six Flags park? I know Magic Mountain and at least 2 other parks have holiday events but Id like to know if any other park besides those 2 have the events or had them in the past. Thanx!

We have a whole spotlight on Six Flags Winter Lights.

Currently Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and The Great Escape all host "Holiday in the Park" events. Six Flags Magic Mountain is open at Christmas but doesn't do a specific holiday event, but for the second year they will be hosting a Rock-N-Ride New Year's Eve party.

• 5 weeks later...

Eww there is snow in that picture. SFOT, SFFT, and SFDK have more mild climates than we do so they have a big advantage for holiday events over GAdv and it's harsher climate. SFMM cold too but I guess they don't want to compete with Disneyland, Knotts, and Universal Hollywood Chistmas events. Now The Great Escape I would think would be much colder than GAdv for a Holiday event but do they have more flat and indoor rides than GAdv. Hershey's holiday event works out well since they have lots of family and thill flat rides besides kiddie rides and indoor rides and shows. But it is still usually too cold for the roller coasters to be running and GAdv is mainly roller coasters anymore. Skull Mt and TDK could run since they are indoors but they don't fit the Christmas theme very well and they probably need to be heated which would cost alot since they are just tin boxes.

• 5 months later...

To be honest I would actually prefer to be able to walk around the park on a snowy winters night. Though to be fair Christmas just brings out the best in me each year and it's the holiday I look most forward to. If the park were to host a Christmas or Winter event I would be all over that regardless of how cold or inclement it became :)

If the weather got too cold or inclement the park would shut down early or not open for the day. But with Weber's cutbacks I don't think we will see a holiday event at GADV anytime soon. :(