VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cancelled Disney Rides

MarioSonic94

Everyone on this site is probably familiar with the "Planned but never built Disney rides". This topic will be on the cancelled rides you think should be built.

The Great Muppet Movie Ride

Great-Muppet-Movie-Ride-web.jpg

It's been almost twenty years since Jim Henson's death and Disney's attempt to buy the Muppets snafu'ed. In those 20 years, Disney recently suceeded in acquiring the Muppets. Now really is the time to build this ride and the section it was intended to share Muppet Vision 3D with: Muppet Studios.

Baby Herman's Runaway Buggy/Toontown Trolley

Slide0115.jpg

toontown_transit_sm.jpg

Slide0116.jpg

It's also been more than 20 years since Who Framed Roger Rabbit was released. I can assume that the Disney-Spielberg feud must have significantly cooled down over the past few years. Again, these two rides (along with a clone of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin) need to be built. Admit it, you'd rather see Roger Rabbit at Disney's Hollywood Studios instead of Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers.

Edited by MarioSonic94
Inappropriate and homophobic language

I just received my D23 Disney Undiscovered calendar a couple of weeks ago. It is a 23 month calendar packed with things "Planned but Never Built".

nov720102SMALL.jpg

dec717607SMALL.jpg

may721051SMALL.jpg

That club has some of the highest quality publications I have seen. (Brian, I still need to scan the artwork from WDW's new Fantasyland!)

I heard about the dropped Switzerland Pavilion years ago, also during the EPCOT grand opening show, they show some more pavilions that were never built.

Back when MGM Studios first opened there were lots of Rodger Rabbit stuff such as the Acme Warehouse and the Dip Mobile crashing though the warehouse, as well as Judge Doom's steam roller photo op. But though the 90s most of that stuff was removed or rethemed. I remember they turned the Acme Warehouse into a really halfassed Goosebumps theme. Back when DL's Cartoon Spin opened Disney said they were going to built a second one at MGM but they never did.

Back when DL's Cartoon Spin opened Disney said they were going to built a second one at MGM but they never did.

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin was originally supposed to open first in MGM, as part of the Sunset Blvd expansion, alongside Runaway Buggy and Toontown Trolley. The only difference was that it was supposed to be named simply "Benny the Cab" and it was to be longer and more elaborate than the ride that was eventually built in DL.

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin was originally supposed to open first in MGM, as part of the Sunset Blvd expansion, alongside Runaway Buggy and Toontown Trolley. The only difference was that it was supposed to be named simply "Benny the Cab" and it was to be longer and more elaborate than the ride that was eventually built in DL.

It is like how they were going to build Alien Encounter at Disneyland, then changed their plans and built it to replace Mission To Mars at WDW. Still it is a shame they never built Roger's Cartoon Spin at WDW as it is still a very popular ride at DL, it even has a fastpass and is one of the better Disney dark rides.

It is like how they were going to build Alien Encounter at Disneyland, then changed their plans and built it to replace Mission To Mars at WDW.

Actually, Alien Encounter was intended for both Disneyland and WDW, but because of the financial flop known as Euro Disneyland, the clone for Disneyland was scrapped.

I rode a early version of Alien Encounter during a soft opening, the final version that most people know was toned down alot from the early version I rode. In the early version the late Phil Hartman was the voice of SIR in the preshow. During the main show the soundtrack was different, they sent in a squad of guards to capture the alien and one of them said: don't move, he is right behind you. It ended with the alien being teleported back and the X-S Tech CEO banging on the closed blastshield yelling to be let out.

Stitch has got to be one my least favorite attractions at WDW, such a waste of time and it is too scary for little kids while teens and adults mostly find it boring (and disgusting with the chili dog smell), I skipped it on the last 2 trips and hope to see it replaced with a ride someday.

A lot of the cancelled rides look cool, it would be nice to see some more rides built in World Showcase or new countries added with rides. There are only so many times you can see the films in the countries and most of the time I walk through most of them without stopping.

Edited by Yoshi