VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Great Adventure Alumni Day

29yrswithaGApass

• 3 months later...

Economics.

While Six Flags is out of bankruptcy, they are not out of debt by any means. They now carry about $1 billion in debt instead of $2+ billion, so they still need to try and make as much as they can and cut costs. While the extra weekend would be fun, it probably wouldn't be very cost effective.

And unfortunately, it seems like every week there is something else being cut. First it was Hurricane Harbor being closed during the week when it was originally scheduled to be open and the park closing at 8 instead of 9 or 10. Then the had closings at 8 an extra week. Now they cut back HH's hours again to earlier closings. After that they changed the closings the first week in September from 8 to 7 and now got rid of the last weekend. Plus getting ride of the Dive Show. I hope they don't get rid of Family Fall Fun Night next since they probably have to be losing money on that day. I also hope that next year when the calendar is posted we don't see an opening day in late April or early May.

• 4 weeks later...

Six Flags Alumni Day has been moved to October 2nd.

Since 1974 Six Flags Great Adventure has employed thousands of the greatest people in the world! This year we welcome them back with their friends and family for the 1st Annual Alumni Event Saturday, October 2, 2010. Contact njspecialevents@sixflags.com for more information about discounted tickets!

I'll mark October 2 on my calendar - it will be fun to go back, as I haven't been in a while. I worked there in Rides even before it opened, polishing up the brass on the carousel getting ready for opening day. It's lovely to see all the old pictures. And I still have my original tag, which was red.

Thanks for a great site!

Hi Linda, welcome to the site!

If youu have a moment of two, we would love to hear some of those early stories! Is it possible to scan or take a photo of your nametag? We love to see vintage GA memorabilia and photos!

Have fun checking out the forums, galleries, and the rest of GAH! :)

• 1 month later...