VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Stacking Question

I've heard the term "stacking" used a lot on this forum, other forums and the facebook page, What does it mean I've tried figuring out what it means myself but I came up with pretty much nothing, the only thing i could think of is when your waiting on line to get on the ride and you're in the station and you have to wait on another line to get in line for your row??? That's all I could think of...could someone please clarify what this means for me?

Stacking occurs when the trains on a coaster come back to the station faster than they leave the station. This happens when the crews are slow or they encounter a difficulty (passenger too large, loose articles, etc). When the train sits on the brakes outside the station it is stacked, and double stacking is when two trains end up on the brakes.

It used to happen a lot more before the mandatory locker policy.

i honestly think the best crew in the park is the crew that runs nitro, they are very fast on there dispatches 99 % of the time, once the train clears the hill, the nest is ready to leave the station, if only the Ka crew could do there dispatces fast he line wouldnt be so long, also the bizarro crew is probably second , the worst ride (not really the crews fault) is rolling thunder, that may be the slowest ......wait, i take all that back, superman is the slowest loading ride, mostly because 2 people checking restraints and only being able to run one train at a time, then rolling thunder, but by far the Nitro crew is the best in the park in my opinion

Nitro is also the fastest loading ride because the restraints are so simple to check. Something really needs to be done with Rolling Thunder, 3+ minute dispatches seem to be the norm for the past 3 seasons.

It is true that Nitro's dispatch was a lot slower for the first season, back when there were two types of restraints to check. I agree that Nitro's dispatch is by far the best. El Toro would be higher on the list if the restraints weren't so technically complicated. The crew does know what they are doing! Has there ever been an instance where there was a collision due to high stacking? I'm sure this couldn't happen, but it seems that a simple break failure (take Superman for instance) could be a serious issue.

The only bad thing with that would be no rerides would be possible. But I guess I'd be willing to give up rerides for overall shorter lines.

You never see rerides with major coasters though, except on short days, but still not only would overall lines be shorter, but the chaos of people unloading and loading at the same time would be gone

I REALLY wish Six FLags coasters were like Disney coasters with separate loading and unloading stations. It makes the line move much quicker, AND prevent stsaking. I really dont know why Six FLags doesnt do this, because you dont need to pay extra for the ride to be fitted this way, just an exit are need sto be built.

Viper had that and it didn't help that much.