VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest Advice

bvfcfirefighter

I've never been to Fright Fest ever and I am wondering what's the admission price to get in, i'm planning on coming down with a few friends on my birthday October 29th, hopefully the weather will cooperate as that's the last weekend of Fright Fest so it'll be a one shot deal (but i'll be going the next day with my college so it's ok lol :) )

Thanks in advance

I am bringing some friends that have not been to the park in years with our "Funatics" comp. tickets on Friday. Actually I am using just about all our "Funatics" "prizes", two "Bring A Friend Free" tickets, Two Parking, one Preferred, one Free Parking, Two "Skip The Line" passes, and two free soda's. (comes to 4 free soda's). It should be a great night at the park!!!

Sounds like fun, but how much is admission for Fright Fest? Is it the same as any regular day? I think 60 bucks but since it'll be a Friday will it be discounted because the place doesn't open until 5...I need to know so I can tell the friends i'm bringing how much to expect to pay to get in because I don't have any of those things you have, Railer.

Edited by bvfcfirefighter

I have another question that you might be able to help me out with. I am going to Great Adventure this Saturday with my college, we aren't leaving until 1 PM and we are about 2 hours away so we won't be arriving until around 3 PM, depending on Traffic. I plan on just riding as many rides as I can because I'll be going again on the 29th so I want to buy myself a Platinum Flash Pass and I want to buy it online before I go because they go fast and I want to use my debit card and I'm quite confused towards the policy of debit card use, they have a whole thing on the website at checkout about debit card use and I was wondering if you could put it in simpler terms for me

Debit Card Information

"When a credit card authorization occurs, standard banking practice is to put a 'hold' on the cardholder's account in the amount of the authorization, reserving that amount for this transaction, and to reduce the cardholder's available remaining credit accordingly. This hold remains in place until the merchant indicates that the transaction is complete and the funds are transferred (i.e., 'settling' the transaction), or until the hold expires. The duration of the hold depends on your bank, but typically lasts 3-5 business days.

When using a bank debit card as a credit card, the procedure is similar. In this case, however, the hold is placed against the account balance, making those funds unavailable until the transaction is settled or the hold expires. This occurs whether or not your transaction goes through successfully. Be advised that when using a bank debit card as a credit card, you may be subject to these holds even if your transaction is declined. Please contact your banking institution for more details."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it means that the money you're trying to use gets held or something I'm not sure. I know it's off topic but I need help because I don't want to be stuck waiting in line for hours

Thanks in advance for the help

I'm no expert on credit card stuff but this is my take:

Say you have $500 in your account, and the platinum pass costs $200. It just means that you won't be able to use that $200 once you've completed the transaction, so effectively you'll only have a balance of $300 in your account. So once you confirm the purchase for it online, just act like you've already paid for the platinum pass when using your card so you don't overdraw your account or something.

If you go, I'd get there right at opening at 5:00. This past Friday night it seemed empty until 6:30 - 7:00 when a lot more cars started to enter the parking lot. If you go to the major rides like Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, Batman and Superman first and get those out of the way and then go to the smaller coasters you should be ok. Even when the major coasters had 20 - 30 minute lines, the smaller coasters like Skull Mountain, Runaway Mine Train and Rolling Thunder were 5 minute waits. I'm undecided if I am going or not but if I go, I am going to make sure I leave some extra time for traffic so I can get there right at 5 before crowds pick up.

I can't even imagine how crowded it is going to be next Saturday, probably one of the busiest days of the year.

Edited by Yoshi

My plan is to leave as soon as my friends get out of school (around 2:20-2:30), I go to college locally and we live about an hour and a half out and take the Garden State Parkway so I'm crossing my fingers that there's no traffic and we get there between 4 and 4:30 but it's Sunday and I don't even know which of my friends are going so I don't know how I'm going to pull it off and I'm not worried about riding as many rides as I can, I was there on the 16th with my college and rode a few rides so my goal is to just do whatever my friends want and make the most of the time there