Glow In The Park Nighttime Parade

GAcoaster

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring on Mr.Six!

From the Six Flags Great Adventure Glow in the Park Parade info:

Beginning Memorial Day weekend, bask in the glow of custom-designed floats that illuminate the night in this uniquely-themed parade produced by renowned Gary Goddard Entertainment and Six Flags. Watch in awe as drummers, puppeteers, singers, dancers and acrobats create an unparalleled nighttime fantasyland of sound, light and motion.

The Glow in the Park Parade features the latest parade technology and special effects, and every element will be adorned with thousand of sparkling lights. The parade will bring the park streets to life as dramatic, state-of-the-art floats attract and fascinate guests with the sounds of cirque-style music. 2009 will feature a new finale float with a distinctly Six Flags theme.

• 3 months later...

so um the parade opened yesterday to the public and yes it has a Mr. Six float, but i have one problem with the parade this year. Last year the dancing from everyone was all exciting and energetic but when the characters got out, which was my favorite part from last years parade, it was all slow and arms flailing. The parade officially steps off today and to be honest with you I'm not really that excited for it anymore. Don't get me wrong the new float is cool with Mr. Six. Another thing, whats up with the cheer leaders there more of ballerina's this year. All in all choreography just failed in my own opinion. Last years parade was so much better. I know I am going on a rant about this, but I felt like it needed to be said.

so um the parade opened yesterday to the public and yes it has a Mr. Six float, but i have one problem with the parade this year. Last year the dancing from everyone was all exciting and energetic but when the characters got out, which was my favorite part from last years parade, it was all slow and arms flailing. The parade officially steps off today and to be honest with you I'm not really that excited for it anymore. Don't get me wrong the new float is cool with Mr. Six. Another thing, whats up with the cheer leaders there more of ballerina's this year. All in all choreography just failed in my own opinion. Last years parade was so much better. I know I am going on a rant about this, but I felt like it needed to be said.

1) It was a dress rehearsal.

2) Last year the parade got better as the season progressed and the performers found their rhythm; cut them a break.

3) Have you ever tried to dance in a body-puppet costume? Give them time. They'll get there.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...