VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What will be missing in 2011?

As we wrap up the last couple weekends of the season, one has to not only wonder what new additions we will see next year, but also what will be missing when the park opens in the Spring of 2011.

Removed rides and attractions sometimes seem to be even more common than new additions over the last several years. What do you think will be missing when Great Adventure reopens next year?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music Express since it is listed for sale and maybe a couple of kiddie rides. Possibly Fantasy Fling since there is always the rumor of that ride leaving and it's old. I hope nothing else is removed because every non coaster ride at this point is so important in a park that has so few rides.

I'm actually surprised it is even a rumor. I had hoped when Weber took over the lockers would be removed but then when I saw all the cutbacks in order to save money it seemed like he would be even more unlikely to get rid of them since they have to bring in some money for the park. After thinking about it, I wouldn't mind seeing the lockers stay if they could be upgraded to similar lockers like Universal has that are free to use.

Edited by Yoshi

I gotta think Eruption's on the chopping block soon, the cost of maintenance and operation versus profit is probably horribly unbalanced (as it almost never operated with a full load of 6 people this summer.) and it is always having problems. I say take it down and really redo the sim theater with an awesome queue area and cool preshow inside the old queue area.

Oh and no more lockers would make people much more happy to be in the park and encourage more sales of the souvenir cups!

I wouldn't mind seeing the lockers stay if they could be upgraded to similar lockers like Universal has that are free to use.

That's the thing. If the ride lockers were free for the estimated queue duration time (plus a reasonable buffer); I would take little issue with the park charging for items remaining past expiration. Patrons might be infuriated by this regardless, but at least it would be a more fair policy.

Oh and no more lockers would make people much more happy to be in the park and encourage more sales of the souvenir cups!

Thats a win win and I have a feeling thats the reason they're doing it. Half the comments on Facebook are people complaining about the lockers. Well since its Fright Fest they're all complaining about Fright Fest, but in the summer I mean. I would definitely buy my own cup. I'm not the only one who does this, but we usually buy one and share the risband. When we want a drink we'd have the person who got the drink, drink it all, then the another person would go and get a drink. For rides we would just stash it away in the arcades.

But definitely if they got rid of the lockers we'd all buy our own cups.

I definately agree about the souvinr bottles! I went to the park once this season with my friend and she was from tennesse and the last time she went to the park was 2005 and she said the park has went down hill severly with all the removal of flats and water effect. We went to the opening and we were finished with the park by 1PM. The park has done great with our coaster collection but has neglected the rest of the park experience. Her biggest dissapointment was the loss of our swings. She is a gp all the way and said what park doesn't have a swings ride, however good news is st. Louis is getting their swings replaced with sky screamer so six flags better be giving it to us PLEASE.I don't care if were only getting green lantern but please webber give us our MUCH NEEDED SWINGS ride and finally reopen tango... Is takes one person to operater and its zampelra which is easy to fix.... We NEED THESE RIDES I have never seen the park as empty in the summer ever! People are noticing fix flags!!!!!!! And you need to get them back as well