VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What will be missing in 2011?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a plan for it under Shapiro, but it fell through. It's just sitting there now because it's cheaper to leave it there than to tear it down, and they may at some point be able to repurpose it.

Since the plan "fell thru" can you share it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope they get rid of the lockers, that is the only reason I never buy a souvenir bottle. Even tho a lot of people do not like them, it is a good way to make money, but the workers in front of the ride queue should do a better job at stopping people with items that have to be put in the lockers. So many times have i seen people turned away from a ride at the last minute and had to wait in line again because they had something with them

^ While I haven't heard anything about SFGAdv, I do know that Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Great America will make the lockers optional and have loose item bins on the ride platforms this year. I don't know if this is a corporate thing or if it is a park by park decision.

I wonder if they will keep the lockers at Kingda Ka since that ride always had lockers before the mandatory locker policy. There really isn't any room in the station to put bins.

Eruption has been removed for 2011. It will be replaced with a new Slingshot ride, similar to the model previously found in the park around 2000, but larger.

This news is bittersweet to me because I was a fan of erUPtion. I rode it almost everyday after work when I had the cash for it. It wasn't that great of a ride but it was something different from the everyday coaster. However I'm excited to see what is going in it's place. The SlingShot at Morey's Piers was a lot of fun and I always wanted to ride the one at Gadv. If SFI really wanted a thrill ride they shouldve gone with SkyScraper. They are AMAZING.

Is this new upcharge going to be ready by opening day?

IMG_1488.jpg

Similar to this?