VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gotham City

MarioSonic94

I have an idea for a new park area. They should combine Movietown and Old Country into a new area called Gotham City. It should be themed to both Batman Returns and Batman Begins. Musik Express should be renamed to Atom Smasher. Fantasy Fling should be relocated here and be renamed Grinder Gearworks. Old Country Picnic Grove should be torn down and be replaced by three rides:Joker's Wild Card which is an indoor HUSS Breakdance ride, an Octopus ride called Poisen Ivy's Plant Spin, and a scrambler called Two Face: The Spin Side. Nitro should be renamed to Riddler's Revenge. Congo Rapids should be renamed and rethemed to The Penguin's Blizzard River Rapids. The Stunt Arena should be renamed to Axis Arena. Discuss your opinions

Edited by MarioSonic94

If anything, Old Country should be kept & expanded; there are still ride pads & queue areas behind the bumper cars.

Fantasy Fling, last I heard, is up for sale. It's also rumoured that Musik Express could be leaving as well.

The park generates more revenue than you could ever imagine with the picnic grove; they'd be insane to eliminate it.

I think Movie Town should go from TDK over to (and including) the remaining portion of LTSP and re-theme it all to the Justice League, so people of ALL ages can enjoy JLA themed rides; you'd be surprised how many 3-6 year-olds like Superman and Batman...

Pottery Barn Kids: Superman & Batman sleeping bags, w/ links to bedding & accessories

The answer is simple...SFMM's Gotham section was more or less built from scratch, while Movietown was just an odd assortment of rides that Time Warner had to turn into some kind of a themed area. Movietown was a good catch-all name/theme that could encompass Batman themed rides along with all the existing structures.

• 6 months later...

Thinking about what Brian said, the Gotham City area should be just Movietown instead of Movietown and Old Country combined. Instead of tearing down the Stunt Arena, tear down the Freeze Generator (Chiller's station and queue) and Observatory and put two of the flats I mentioned.

I have new ideas for the Riddler's Revenge part of my idea. Tear down Nitro's exsiting queue and build a longer queue and put theme elements. In the spot of the original queue, put the Two Face themed scrambler. Also they sould enclose the final brake run and the station. On one side, put the facades that are the same ones in Magic Mountain's Riddler's Revenge.

In the queue and station, they should play Ecuador (Bruce Wayne Remix)- Sash

They should play this version in the queue

and this version in the station

Here is the Riddler's Revenge story

At the end of Batman Forever, Edward Nygma (aka. The Riddler) is in Arkham Asylym and he lost all of his sanity. The Riddler's story is over. At least thats what we think. As time goes by, the Riddler regains his sanity and starts to plan out his revenge. While planning, his behavoir improves and they release him. The first thing he does outside of Arkham, is re-establishing NygmaTech and build a bigger and better facility. He tells the public that his evil ways are done and the company will no longer make products with the intent of sucking Gotham City's minds. But secretly at the new NygmaTech facility, The Riddler is building a new and improved invention to suck Gotham City's brain waves: the NygmaTech Box v2. As we enter the queue, we are under the impression that we are taking a tour of NygmaTech Enterprises. As we walk through the queue, we see some of NygmaTech's inventions, including the famous (or infamous) original NygmaTech Box . There is a plaque by every invention telling us what it does. But as soon as we enter the station, we learn that the Riddler is really using us as test subjects for his new invention. After we board our test veichles, we go through a "mind blowing" experience. Just as we reach the final brake run, we hear Batman telling us that he stopped the Riddler and tells us it is now safe to leave. As we exit down the ramp, we go into a Riddler's Revenge gift shop (where Nitro Grill is now)

What do you think of my ideas?

Edited by MarioSonic94

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a brand new idea for a ride in Gotham City. It should be a Spiderman/DarKastle type darkride.

Name: Batman Adventure the Ride

Plot: Queue and Preshow(s): Riders are police cadets that are taking a tour of Wayne Manor and the Batcave. After passing through several corridors in Wayne Manor, you go into the Wayne Manor library. There, you see a costumed attendent (usually a woman) telling you about Wayne Manor. Then the attendant shows us a little movie that tells us about Wayne Enterprise's new inventions. Then, during the video, Joker, the Penguin, Bane, and Mr. Freeze hijack the broadcast. They tell us about their plan to escape from Arkham Asylum and terroize Gotham City. After the first preshow, the attendent frantically searches the bookshelf for the book that opens the bookshelf doors and allows entry to the Batcave. When he/she finds the book, the doors open and the cadets enter the Batcave. After touring the Batcave, we see the 2nd preshow. The 2nd preshow has Alfred telling us what to expect on our tour of the Batcave. During the briefing, he gets a call from Commisioner Gordon, warning us that the Joker, Mr. Freeze, Bane, and the Penguin have escaped from Arkham Asylum. Once again, the villians hijack the broadcast. Alfred then tells us that the only form of escape and defense against the villians is the tour cars.

Ride: After boarding the cars, the cars take leave the Batcave, via a secret tunnel. The car then accidently enters a building that serves as the villians hideout. When the villians see us, the car soon tries to escape, before beeing attacked by the Joker. After dodging several villians attacks, Batman swoops in. Just when we think the ride is over, Mr Freeze uses his gun (in the ride, he updated his gun to levatate and drop objects) to lift us above Gotham City. After a wild ride in the sky and a 50 story freefall, Batman saves the day and we find a safe alley to release the passengers.

What do you think of my ideas?

Edited by MarioSonic94

• 2 weeks later...

yea good point... too expensive.. nice idea tho. ive seen a simialarity between darkastle n spiderman at universal orlando. almost the same ride just different characters. anyway, the main problem i see with batman themes, is that the themes r made after certain movies. these movies get old n after time, bring the rides down 2. i mean on a busy summer day, batman still has a long line, but look at the theming, almost nothin left.. i noticed on the darkastle queue, that there looked like there used 2 b a preshow, but now u just walk thru it.. thnk that could happen 2 DK in the future... once it become old, the preshow will become boring.. think we need a "general" batman theme.. not modeled after movies, but batman in general.. somthing that will withstand the test of time better

yea good point... too expensive.. nice idea tho. ive seen a simialarity between darkastle n spiderman at universal orlando. almost the same ride just different characters. anyway, the main problem i see with batman themes, is that the themes r made after certain movies. these movies get old n after time, bring the rides down 2. i mean on a busy summer day, batman still has a long line, but look at the theming, almost nothin left.. i noticed on the darkastle queue, that there looked like there used 2 b a preshow, but now u just walk thru it.. thnk that could happen 2 DK in the future... once it become old, the preshow will become boring.. think we need a "general" batman theme.. not modeled after movies, but batman in general.. somthing that will withstand the test of time better

I guess I forgot to mention that I want the darkride to be themed after Batman the Animated Series. If you don't agree on that as well, here's where you're wrong. Spider-Man in IOA is themed after the 1994 Spider-Man cartoon. Even now, almost 10 years after it opened, the plot, queue, and preshow is still relevent.

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L

• 9 months later...

I have something new to add to my Riddler's Revenge idea (again!!)

After riding Bizarro, I thought that the trains on Nitro should recieve a sound system like Bizarro, only more sophisticated. The lift hill audio would start off with the sounds of the NygmaTech factory tour spiel, only to be interupted by the Riddler telling us of his plans. Throughout the rest of the lift, we hear a the NygmaTech Box v2. counting down to the brain draining precedure. The audio in the ride has random movie quotes, only this time, the quotes will edited together to make it sound like a brain washing procedure. When the ride reaches the FBR (final brake run), the procedure stops and we hear the voice of Batman, telling us that he has stopped the Riddler and that it is now safe to leave.

• 4 months later...

I think they shouldn't tear down Stunt Arena. I think they should build a 5-D ride next to it, leave Old Country a seperate section, build a new chiller-themed station, turned 90 degrees, build an Intamin Twisted Impulse there, theme everything to Batman, and add like 4 or 5 flats around the section, themed to batman, like a huss flyaway.