VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Favorite Roller Coaster at SFGAdv

SFGAdv10

I have been lucky to have had the opportunity to have ridden almost every coaster ever to grace Great Adventure.

Out of all of them it difficult to choose just one favorite.

I will have to say for wooden coasters it is definitely El Toro. Rolling Thunder is a classic but El Toro is so smooth.

For the steel coasters I will pick Nitro. It is fast, smooth and such a great ride. Every seat, every row, day or night it is a great ride.

• 2 months later...

For a while, I was tied between Nitro and El Toro. I finally decided that El Toro really takes the cake.

Still, I can't talk about favorites without mentioning the Great American Scream Machine. That coaster really had so many nostalgic memories for me, and unlike a lot of people, I truly enjoyed every ride right up until the end.

El Toro. Start to finish, it never lets up. It saves the best for last with the most awesome "ejector air" hill anywhere right before the "twister" section. And that is saying something with all the other ones before it. The Bull really is trying to throw you. My number two has always been Medusa/Bizarro. One of the smoothest rides ever, and the front seat means more on Bizarro, than any other coaster. Riding in the front row, and seeing the in-line twist coming at you is a sight to behold. When the themeing was added, it only made it better, But a great ride is at the core of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The chiller is definitely my favorite ride... But out of all the coasters there now I would say my favorite is Medusa/nitro/el toro in a 3 way tie- bizarro was better in my opinion when it was still Medusa. I just don't really like the new theming of it and I prefer the old yellow track, el toro sometimes hurts depending on the shorts you wear- if it has a button like on plaid shorts, then when going over the ejector hills, the lap bar crushes the button and it hurts really badly. I even got a woodchip or something that came off the ride when we were going stuck in my eye and I couldn't see out of it for at least a day, and nitro would be better if it had inversions, but I know it can't because it isn't that type of ride. And I would like it more if had more themes or they planted trees around it even more and made it wind through the trees... that would be AWESOME. But dark knight is hands down the WORST ride there( I don't think skull mountain or the kiddie coasters count here.) And, to make kingda ka better, they should turn the top into a top hap inversion... that would be even cooler and make it my favorite ride there( it already has incredibly strong shoulder restraints...)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...