VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 11- Revamp the Parking Lots

Who cares about the parking lot, and if you have a season pass just pay extra for parking.

From my experience, a lot of people care about the parking lot. And on days when attendance hovers around 35,000 the parking lot fills up and people are literally hiking to get to the front gate from their parking spot, trams are needed badly.

Trams would be great, especially since the preferred parking section is so huge now that even if you get a close spot in the regular section, it is still a long walk. I can't even imagine how long it takes to walk from the Hurricane Harbor lot on those days that they park amusement park guests in that lot like on Frightfest Saturdays. I'd also like to see security in that elevated booth at all times.

The first time I saw those charging stations was at the shopping area next to the Lehigh Valley Mall near Dorney, I didn't know what they were at first but I think they would be popular at the park after most people had a 1+ hour drive to get to the park.

It was a mistake building 3 coasters out into the parking lot. Because of that, the shape is very inconvenient. Now, with the Green Lantern, it is like an over-curved "L" that makes it very difficult for people in the far back corner. Not to mention, there is no need for prefered parking, which adds even more cars to the back and wastes space on days that aren't crowded. Using as a path for a road is extremely dangerous and annyoing, because cars never give pedestrians right of way.

My two ideas would severly help the parking lot.

1) Re-add a Season Pass parking lot and entrence. Remove the prefered parking and replace it with regular parking. Turn the path next to Superman into a real path. Repathe the majority of the parking lot so there are two entrence and exit roads on each side. Bordering the back of the parking lot (but in front of the exit road) would be where the trams go, making a giant "L" around the parking lot, where a U-turn space would be available where the M&M bus sits today.

Is this confusing yet?

2) Remove all or most of the picnic grove and expand the parking lot there. On the opposite end, near Kinda Ka, is where the Season Pass parking lot and entrence will go. Build paths on each side for guests to walk on.

The parking lot is the first impression people get of the park, and GA gives an AWFUL first impression. They NEVER should have built rides in the parking lot. They also should not have cut down every tree in sight when they made it in the first place.

At least in the early years when you parked in that big, empty slab of cement you saw only trees, with a slight glimpse of the skyride and ferris wheel. It was magical to walk into the forrest and discover the park inside. Now you pull in and see clear through the park.

They should plant some trees throughout the parking lot so it's not so noticeable that the park has expanded into it.

And yes, it's the only park I know that makes you walk so far without tram service. Not a nice welcome.

At least in the early years when you parked in that big, empty slab of cement you saw only trees, with a slight glimpse of the skyride and ferris wheel. It was magical to walk into the forrest and discover the park inside. Now you pull in and see clear through the park.

... and when the park first opened there were trees IN the parking lot.

gallery_2_43_78695.jpg

The front gates also need to be re-vamped, you have to go through the metal detectors, put your stuff in a bucket, and go through the metal detector again. Great Adventure is the only park I know of that does things so inefficiently. Most parks have you put the contents of your pockets through a space on the side of the metal detector, but at our park the gates are too small so everyone and everything has to go through. This people to have to go through more than once. Why cant they build new gates. We need them!!!!!

If you ask me i think the $15.00 to park should be totally gone with...It's crazy to have to pay that much to park and then have to walk a long while before you even get to the park....Then you have to pay the crazy HIGH PRICE to get into the park then the food and drink prices are way to expensive by the time you leave the park your well over you limit that intended to spend at a park were most of the rides are eithier not working or are broke down...Lesson the prices or fix the rides or better yet bring in some back in the day rides like Enterprise, Looping Star Ship, Scrambler, Rotor, Tilt a Whirl, Pretty Monster, Etc., just to name a great amount of rides missed by alot of people

HAPPY HOLIDAY'S SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I never understood why parks started charging for parking. You wait in line at the toll booths to pay for parking, then as soon as you get out of your car you wait in line again to pay to get into the park. Why not just add the parking cost into the park ticket prices, so people do not have to wait in 2 lines to pay money before ever getting into the park. You could have a huge sign that says "Parking is free - Have A Great Day!" and people would feel they are getting something for free. They would also get into the park quicker to start spending more money, and you would not have to hire toll collectors.

I never understood why parks started charging for parking. You wait in line at the toll booths to pay for parking, then as soon as you get out of your car you wait in line again to pay to get into the park. Why not just add the parking cost into the park ticket prices, so people do not have to wait in 2 lines to pay money before ever getting into the park. You could have a huge sign that says "Parking is free - Have A Great Day!" and people would feel they are getting something for free. They would also get into the park quicker to start spending more money, and you would not have to hire toll collectors.

I can't argue with you there; the double-dipping is completely unneccesary...