VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 21- An Update of Movietown & Old Country

• 3 weeks later...

At this point Movietown needs some love since it's become a dead end with few attractions. After Old Country was closed it really killed the flow of traffic and made getting to the picnic area very confusing for guests. At this point the paths should be reconfigured, either reopening Old Country or opening a new path from between Mama Flora's and the Bowling game to the Exploratorium building. It would be ideal to then connect the path between Nitro and Rapids with the rest of Movetown, eliminating another dead end and helping the traffic flow.

If either or both of these things happen, the entire area should get a thematic makeover...either as a revamped Movietown or some new theme. It just all needs to be spruced up and improved.

I also agree with turning it into flat ride area like!!! :mellow: Like Looping Star Ship, Enterprise, Flying Wave, Scrambler, Tilt a Whirl, Musik Express, Condor, Monster Spin, Rotor, Free Fall, Chaos, Calyspo, Spinnaker, Splash Water Falls, Time Warp, Tango, Swiss Bob, Etc. Just to name a few get rid of that stupid Waist of time The Dark Knight Ride to stand in line for 2.5 hours for a less then 2 minute ride it sucks big time, will never ride that thing again......Hope to see some really cool flat rides for the 2011 Six Flags Great Adventure Season...... :rolleyes:

Here's some ideas off the top of my head:

Terminator: Tower of Power Intamin Gyro drop (but I guess not, now that Terminator rights are gone)

Arkham Asylum Lockdown Tour, Sally Corp. interactive dark ride

Kong: The Ride, HUSS Kong ride.

In other words, keep it Movietown.

• 1 month later...
It would be ideal to then connect the path between Nitro and Rapids with the rest of Movetown, eliminating another dead end and helping the traffic flow.

When Roaring Rapids was first proposed the pathway leading to the ride was planned to extend under Lightnin' Loops and reconnect back to the area which is today Movietown.

Layout:

gallery_2_43_732409.jpg

Model of the walkway leading to Roaring Rapids:

gallery_2_43_149638.jpg

Here's my ideas for improving Movietown.

Remove the Axis Chemicals theming and paint a soundstage motiff.

Put a stunt show based on either Police Academy or some other popular WB franchise that isn't Batman.

Retheme Nitro to something involving special effects.

Remove the remnants of Chiller (Observatory included) and build a more thrilling version of the Italian Job Stunt Track (either theme it to Bullitt or just overall stunt driving)

Build a drop tower where Freefall used to be and give it the theme of it's predeseccor

Wasn't there supposed to be stunt show in the Batman Arena coming or something? I heard about it and then nothing happend.

there was going to be a show called dive but was 86'd before it ever started, there were signs up on the arena for about a week then removed

• 2 weeks later...
there was going to be a show called dive but was 86'd before it ever started, there were signs up on the arena for about a week then removed

I remember seeing those signs for Dive. Alot of the Batman stunt theaters at other SF parks have been rethemed and repurposed. Such as the one at SFA is now a Justice League meet and greet, and SFOT's is now a rodeo.

Also in that picture of the model for lightning loops, it looks like they were going to move congo rapids queue for that never built walkway?

Edited by The Master