VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2011 Great Adventure Park Map

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pathway will be closed

Wait, am I the only one here who is tired of hearing people complain they can't get to Kingda Ka!? People try to get to kingda ka from rolling thunder. Now, for people who don't know the park, they are going to have to walk all the way around through the boardwalk [games] and back just to find that its closed. By the way, I know this is bad for crowd flow and I also know that this is one of their ways of making extra money!n I'll also add that now that there aren't any play structures, they can perfectly connect the path in front of Rolling Thunder to the path leading to Kinda Ka.

Edited by ThemeParkRider

Closing that path is a very stupid idea. All it means is that we will have a bunch of people "pushing thru" the Animal Viewing area. The path that is going to be closed get's very busy during the peak season, how do you think it will be in the Viewing Area with the path closed? It look's like they moved the entrance to "Splashwater Oasis" too. It look's like the entrance is now where the smoking area was last season across from the restroom's in the Golden Kingdom. And is that Animal Viewing Area going to be "one-way"? If it is, then to go to say "El Toro", you will have to walk all the way around thru the Boardwalk to get to that side of the park. Not happy about this at all.

Edited by Railer

I agree. This isn't too smart of a move. That path gets a lot of heavy traffic with El Toro and Kingda Ka being on both sides of it. I understand the tigers aren't there for viewing and the rides aren't there either but that path saved a lot of confusion. It's like taking away the El Toro bridge! Another dead end in the park.

There could be a method to their madness - it may be that the vacant lot created by the walkway and Balin's is a construction zone for next season.

Thats what I was thinking. Certainly not out of the question with this management. New additions seem more likely and the old Balin's Jungleland area is big enough for a great flat in Golden Kingdom.

Edited by CoasterPrince

When it comes down to it, while the Golden Kingdom path was beautiful, it was way too narrow and congested. I would have to agree with the idea that that area is ripe for redevelopment and the closure of the path may be great foresight rather than being shortsighted. It's easier to close the path now than in the middle of the season. Also, making people walk through the Boardwalk is very good strategy for money making.

At the bottom of the park map there is a tram, is this actually going to be there?! If it is thats a so great. No more walking to the car at 10:45 any more!

That tram's been on the map for years. It's no more likely to be here this year than it was last year or the year before that.

Thats what I was thinking. Certainly not out of the question with this management. New additions seem more likely and the old Balin's Jungleland area is big enough for a great flat in Golden Kingdom.

More likely that area will end up like Old County and sit SBNO for years.

Edited by The Master

There are a few "misprint's" on the version of the map you posted. It say's you must be 42' in. to RIDE Safari Discoveries, unless with an adult. It is a walkthru is it not? Just noticed the asterisk under it, the only "misprint" is me. lol

Edited by Railer

I hope they re-open the path. The park's layout is bad enough as it is, but I'm sure they'll eventually open it again. That path really was beautiful, and there was a lot of good theming along the path, like the hidden temple and the bicycle in the jungle.

Some theming was added to SFMM over the winter, so maybe we'll see some new theming in the park....

How could you really say the park's shape of generally being an oval is a bad thing? I just don't like dead end stubs. I liked cutting through the Golden Kingdom to go to the Boardwalk, generally wanting to avoid riding Kingda Ka. Now I'm going to go through the one entrance if I really want to ride Kingda Ka?

Alot of other SF parks are an oval shape such as SFOT, SFMM, and SFStL. The only SF parks Ihave been too that aren't oval shaped are SFGAdv and SFA. Over the last few years GAdv's layout has gotten worse. With BBNF blocking the old lakeside path, the closure of Old County, and now this is making the park a mess of dead ends.

Edited by The Master

i dont really care about the path being closed, i always pop a dollar in the crane games every time i pass to try and win an ipad, last season every time i played the games super would comeover to make sure i wasnt cheating lol, i never won..............

Those cranes are almost impossible to win, I try them once in a while and in all my trips to the park I have never seen anyone win any major electronic prize out of those cranes. Most of the boxes (even if they are empty) seem too heavy for the claw to pick up. On the giant claw game near Rolling Thunder where you need to pick up an empty 5 gallon water bottle to win, I was close to winning a PS3 but it's the same problem that the bottle is too heavy for the claw.

Edited by Yoshi