VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Nitro

Do you know why it got renamed from Superman to Nitro? I have a hunch that when Six Flags found out B&M was working on a Flying, they thought that would be a better fit for the Superman name, but that's me.

SFGAdv this year managed to break a B&M When I Got there. This was the ride.

Nitro is my favorite coaster, but I wish they would have given it some kind of coherant theme. Athough that's hard when the park itself doesn't really have any. I also wish they had left some trees instead of completely clearing the area. It would have been great to be diving into the woods instead of just riding over a field of grass.

Beautiful spotlight!

I have Safari internet, so when I open a new tab, it shows screenshots of the Top 9 websites I visit, and Great Adventure History is one of them. I was about to go to Facebook when I saw "NITRO" in big letters on the "recent spotlights" list.... I got so excited! Great job! Nitro truly is an amazing coaster, and so far this season, it's been my favorite. El Toro doesn't seem to be running as well as I remembered.

Looking through the coasters list, it looks like all of the remaining coaster spotlights will be extremely interesting! I especially can't wait for Kingda Ka and El Toro.

Nitro is my favorite coaster at the park and my 2nd favorite steel coaster. Kingda Ka may be taller and faster but I prefer how Nitro feels like a complete ride and Kingda Ka is so short. I like everything about Nitro, especially the hammerhead. The seats are comfortable and the restraints are great and with 3 trains running, it's amazing how fast the line moves.

There are so many words we can describe NITRO with (amazing, fantastic, a BLAST)! I have been looking forward to this spotlight ever since I found out about this site. Out of the 140 roller coasters I have ever been on, I have to say this #1 B&M in the world is definetely #1 in my book! Nitro is probably one of the BEST investments in Great Adventure's history!!!!!!!

In the rendering POV, the station looked more elaborate than the final result. If only they went with at least that station design.

Also, the Superman Krypton Coaster rumor was true. Some have noticed that when the computers for the ride boot up, the words "Superman Krypton Coaster" flash on the screen.

^ Six Flags promoted Nitro as the "longest coaster in Six Flags history" when it opened in the Spring of 2001 (see the news release below) and that is the official comment we included.

If anyone has a similar spec sheet from Superman/Bizarro published by SFNE stating their "official" length, we will reference that in the Spotlight.

Thanks.

2001%20Nitro%20PK%20NR%2001%20copy.jpg

I remember the first day I rode this in the early Spring it was pretty foggy. That was a fog bank right at the top of the lift hill which made it look like it went above the cloud line. I remember during the 2000 FF, you could see Nitro's parts from the hayride loding area. While Nitro is one of my favorite coasters it's station is prety poorly designed and way too small. No one ever stands left for the front row and stand right for the other rows on the staircase. It was stupid of SF at the time to expect people would do that. For some reason GADV didn't have many ads for Nitro in the Philly/South NJ area which was strange. Also those blinking LEDs, those are sensors so they know how long the line is.

It took me forever to find NITRO gear (because I was way to young when Nitro opened), but yesterday at B&M Bash I bought a baby blue NITRO shirt in the Coasters& Candy Shop in The Golden Kingdom. It said "GO DOWN FAST - NITRO"! I then wore it during NITRO's ERT last night. I ended up riding Nitro 17 times in a row without getting off!!!!!

Edited by coasterfreak96

I forgot to include this photo in the Nitro Spotlight collection. This stand has now been slightly moved and is the Security Booth by the Batman lift.

gallery_2_579_332895.jpg

And before that was a Nitro gift shop, it was a Batman gift shop. You can still see the 1990s Gothem theming on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...