VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What do you consider "The Greatest Ride"?

29yrswithaGApass

Everyone has one... an attraction that they consider the best ride experience of all time. Fast or slow, indoors or outdoors, family or thrill, operating or defunct.... what is yours?

My all time favorite ride was one of the best classic Disney dark rides, Horizons at EPCOT Center. Demolished and replaced by Mission Space, Horizons was a 15 minute omnimover experience which explored "future living". Considered the sequel to the NY World's Fair classic Carousel of Progress, Horizons made use of every trick Disney developed to date.

Horizons at EPCOT Center:

Horizons.jpg

Click here to read about the ride on Wikipedia.

Click here for photos of the demolition of Horizons in 2000.

Click here for a tribute video on YouTube.

Horizions was such a great ride! I really liked the retrofuture sections and the space station section besides the cool choose your ending. World of Motion which was next door (replaced by Test Track) was also a great ride. The late Ward Kimball helped design World of Motion.

• 3 months later...

Greatest Steel Coaster: Nitro

Greatest Wooden Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone

Greatest Dark Ride: Amazing Adventures of Spiderman/ DINOSAUAR aka. Countdown to Extinction

Greatest Simulator- Back to the Future the Ride

Edited by MarioSonic94

• 2 weeks later...

Indiana Jones Adventure and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye in Disneyland, Dinosauar is based on it. I would say Dorney's Talon is the best inverted coaster I have been on. Mr. Freeze is the best LIM coaster.

Edited by The Master

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I may be alone here but I did love The Outer Limits Flight of fear at Kings Dominion (indoor/enclosed ride) LIM catapult roller coaster that was later re themed to cut out the outer limits tie in. Maybe because this was my first LIM coaster or I was digging the theme but what a rush! :alien:

• 2 weeks later...

^^I have to say, Stitch's Great Escape might be the worst Disney ride ever! Up there with Raging Spirits and Primeval Whirl!

In my opinion, the worlds greatest ride is Journey To The Center of The Earth at Tokyo DisneySea. It's a perfect mix of dark ride end high speed thrill ride! The queue gets you prepared for the ride with the elevator and the whole experience is just breath taking!