VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dream Street Tents

• 4 weeks later...

question, why were the tent roofs replaced only after 5 years,and i do think the the tents are in need of a work over, the need to be brought back up as they are not it the greatest shape and seem to have low traffic through them nowadays

Edited by gafreak

^^^ I couldn't agree more. Half massage chairs and half storage? "Flags"? That's as creative as they can get? The stores, the restaurants, the atmosphere; the park IS becoming more like a mall than a theme park. Who wants to drive a long distance and pay a lot of money to go to a mall?

• 4 weeks later...

the tents are do for a serious refurb, id like to see all the store front replaced and some thought put back into the arcade tent, the stor tents redone and put GREAT ADVENTURE souviners in , not the genric six flags ones, and in the massage tent you could turn it into some sort of cool lounge just to relax if youd like, leave the massage stuff, just add more recliners some cool music and even some tvs with diffrent pov videos from all the six flags parks

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I love this photo from inside the Dream Street tent! It reminds me so much of how it use to be when I first went to G.A. There use to be tons of merchandise- all of the latest things. It was like a giant Spencer's less the adult items!

gallery_2_579_73128.jpg

I am happy to see that I have all those pennants (less the Phillies one). Check out the Charlie's Angles, BJ & the Bear, and Adam Rich from Eight is Enough posters!

• 1 year later...

I find it interesting. All this wanting to return to the beginnning. I agree the cut outs over the outer arches did do the trick. Givnning the tents the feeling of being open air. And a major part of the problem is that blockcade to force guests down into Boardwalk. This creates the dead end feel. Id want o remove it open Dream Street all the way from end to end. Remove all the junk thats been attached to the tents. Repurpose the original restrooms guest services. Theres your lounge. Add tent tops to those buildings. Transpant a row of trees behind S&C and Fairytails. To creat a barrer betwween DS and Boardwalk. Relocate the teacups to Adventure Ally. Build the fifth tent. Replant the flower gardens infront of the shopes. Add a magic shop to HH. Its a shame SF didnt have the insight to create Dream Street as per the original design. They removed all the rides between Giant Wheel and the original enterance. ANd with the addition of the new enterance way they could have pretty much followed thru with it. Creating a shopping extravganzia. But I digress.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...