VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

ADVENTURE ALLEY - New for 2012!

GAcoaster

The Scrambler is on site and it is blue (just like the one GA sent away) with white on the center panels.

If it is blue and with white panels than it sounds like we may be getting the Scrambler from American Adventures:

gallery_2_4_56418.jpg

Our original GA Scrambler that we sent to SFOG was repainted with much dark colors:

gallery_2_434_582162.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it greed, but I think we should get the Tilt-a-Whirl from American Adventures too! The ride would be a nice little low-cost bonus to our revitalized Fantasy Forest and would fit in perfectly just behind the Big Wheel where the remote control cars now stand. With it, the park could really promote next year's additions as a "family flat rides package"!

gallery_2_579_16747.jpg

gallery_2_579_662834.jpg

gallery_2_579_1453133.jpg

gallery_2_579_1225707.jpg

gallery_2_579_1180954.jpg

gallery_2_579_612280.jpg

gallery_2_579_659496.jpg

Didn't Magic Mountain lose a lot? I know that SFNE lost their ferris wheel, break dance, Time Warp, Double Trouble, Nightwing, Chaos, Spider, bumper buggies, and another flat that I'm blanking on. The park was set to remove Kontiki and Catapult - fortunately a last minute change axed those plans.

Although the ferris wheel got replaced with our relocated swings and Nightwing was replaced with our Wipeout, we still lost nine rides. Due to the parks reworking of the old spaces we only have two visual flat ride pads.

In my opinion, the flat rides we still need are:

1) A Tilt-A-Whirl.

2) A Classic Wave Swinger.

3) A Musik Express.

4) A Breakdance/Rodeo.

5) An S&S Triple Combo Tower.

OR

5) An Intamin Gyro Drop Tower.

6) A Shoot-The-Chutes.

7) A HUSS Giant Frisbee.

8) I feel like I'm missing one or two things...

Edited by ShoreNCoasters

If I am not mistaken, Great Adventure was the only park to have more than 10 rides removed during those years!

And it's the only park to have around 35 rides closed or removed in just over 10 years

edit- found the list, it's 33 rides since the Stagecoach reopened and Royal Elephants are coming back.

1. Autobahn

2. Music Express

3. Flying Wave

4. Chiller

5. Movietown Water Effect

6. Viper

7. Stagecoach (kiddie)

8. Michigan J. Frog's Fun Flotilla (kiddie)

9. Yosemite Sam Flight School (kiddie)

10. Stuntman's Freefall

11. Hydro Flume

12. Monkey Around (kiddie)

13. Jungleland Express (kiddie)

14. Royal Elephants (kiddie)

15. Pirate's Flight

16. Evolution

17. Simulator Theater

18. Eruption

19. Pendulum

20. Daffy's Duccaneer (kiddie)

21. Chaos

22. Time Warp

23. Spinnaker

24. Rodeo Stampede

25. Jumpin Jack Flash

26. Taz Twister

27. Wile E. Coyote Speed Trap (kiddie)

28. Hand Crank Cars (kiddie)

29. Koala Canyon

30. Bugs Bunny Barnstormers (kiddie)

31. Bugs Bunny Great Western Railroad (kiddie)

32. Space Chase Ferris Wheel (kiddie)

33. Daffy Duck's Motorcade (kiddie)

34. Road Runner's Beep Beep Buggies (kiddie)

35. Great American Scream Machine

I counted 13 rides removed when Shapiro was in control.

Edited by Yoshi

The park filling in the vacant flat pads before anything else is truly a great first step in the right direction! Its gonna be nice to have the Scrambler, Bumper Cars, Royal Elephants and Sky Screamer added to our line-up next year! I wonder how come they choose to use the old Choas spot for the scrambler rather then pirates flight? Does anything else think the elephants are gonna look rather small in Pirates Flight's old foot print? Almost like how Tweety's Roundup looked when they placed it in El Sembrero's old pad for the 2005 season.

The park filling in the vacant flat pads before anything else is truly a great first step in the right direction! Its gonna be nice to have the Scrambler, Bumper Cars, Royal Elephants and Sky Screamer added to our line-up next year! I wonder how come they choose to use the old Choas spot for the scrambler rather then pirates flight? Does anything else think the elephants are gonna look rather small in Pirates Flight's old foot print? Almost like how Tweety's Roundup looked when they placed it in El Sembrero's old pad for the 2005 season.

I totally agree with you about the sizes of the rides. Even though I was originally told from a park official that the Scrambler was going into Chaos' old spot, I believe that has since changed and the Scrambler will now go in Pirate's Flight spot and the Elephants on Chaos' pad.

I think that would look so much better visually too! The "Royal" elephants will go great next to Mama Flora's Castle like theme and the scrambler will look so much better next to our round up! Almost how it should have back when our old one was going to get relocated to the Pirate Flight's pad back in 2003.

• 2 weeks later...