VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2008 Shows Posted To Website

GAcoaster

It looks like the 2008 lineup has been posted, and it appears to be the same things as last season with just the Glow in the Park Parade and Sunday Night Concerts added:

2008 Sunday Concert Series

Branches

Character Meet n Greets

Dockside Crooners

Dolphin Discovery Shiver Me Flippers

Fire Flys

Get Ready to Wiggle

LOONEY TUNES and Justice League

Looney Tunes Talent Show

NEW! Glow in the Park Parade

Phenomenal Photos

Recycle This!

STARBURST® Thursday Night Concert Series

Steinfigur Garten

Temple of the Tiger

Tiger Tails

I wish they would pool the money from all these smaller street acts and use it to open one of the three major venues (Stunt Arena, Grandstands, Showcase) this year with a live show.

In the heat of the summer I would much rather sit and watch a show in an air-conditioned venue than stand outside and watch a passing street performer. Just my preference....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Detailed information about staffing needs for the Entertainment Dept has been posted on the Six Flags Great Adventure site.

Casting Auditions

If you've got talent, we want to meet you. We're always in the market for gifted actors, singers, dancers, magicians, specialty acts, and performers of all stripes. Please bookmark this page and check back often for the latest casting audition notices.

New "Glow in the Park" Parade & Street Performer Auditions

In Park auditions will be held on:

Sunday, March 9 at 12 p.m.

Sunday, March 16 at 12 p.m.

Requirements: Please bring all necessary music and props for audition. Must be at least 16 yrs old. All entertainment runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day, 2008. Questions - 732/928-2000 ext. 2225 or email ksieben@sftp.com. Please enter through the employee entrance and report to the Showcase Theater.

Glow in the Park Nightly Parade

Beginning Memorial Day 2008, Guests will bask in the glow of their favorite characters and custom-designed floats illuminate the night in this uniquely-themed parade produced by renowned Gary Goddard Entertainment and Six Flags. Park-goers will watch in awe as drummers, puppeteers, singers, dancers and kinetic stilt walkers create an unparalleled nighttime fantasyland of sound, light and motion. Glow in the Park features the latest parade technology and special effects and every element will be adorned with thousand of sparkling lights. The parade will bring the park streets to life like never before displaying dramatic state-of-the-art floats attracting and fascinating guests with the sounds of cirque-style music created by Benoit Jutras.

Specialty Performers Needed:

- Stilt walkers - preferably Powerskip/kinetic stilt experience. Stilts will be provided for auditions

- Puppeteers with high energy, athletic choreography and superior motivational/clowning skills

- Wrangler/performer - exhibits basic clowning and audience motivation skills

- Male kettle, liquid drummers - Drums will be provided for auditions

- Male dancers with strong upper body skills for carrying banners

- Male dancers with strong upper body and martial arts skills/ability to exhibit martial arts movements

- Male and female puppeteers/marchers with strong upper body skills

- Extreme roller bladers - stunt skating skills preferred - please bring your own skates

- Female rhythmic gymnast with flag skills

- Female ribbon dancer - rhythmic gymnastics a must

- Female balloon dancers - spirited and energetic

- Female dancer/cheerleaders with pep squad look

- Female vocalist with excellent, wide vocal range belting to a high C, vocal stamina and trim figure

- Street dance teams

- Acrobats

- Float drivers

Exciting Street Entertainment Program

- Recyclethis! High-energy drummers turn trash into treasure through astounding rhythms. Sharp drumming/percussion skills, high energy and outgoing personality required. Performers must be 18 or older.

- Fire Flys: Skilled fire twirlers spin flames to techno beats. Baton twirling, poi spinning, juggling, or similar skills required.

- Stone Figure Garden: A duo of stone statues slowly come to life. Acting required, dance skills a plus. Must withstand heavy makeup and costuming in heat.

- Dockside Crooners: Shipyard workers serenade with their smooth harmonies. Strong vocal skills and quartet harmonizing required.

- Branches: This giant, living topiary enthralls and suprises. Stilt walking skills required.

- Six Flags Radio DJ: The "voice" of Six Flags - spin tunes to have Guests dancing in the streets, promote shows and events, run commercials, and work the crowds. DJ/technical experience, energetic personality and vocal skills required.

- Theater Greeters: Show your energy and acting chops as you welcome guests, uphold venue rules and warm the crowds before shows at Dolphin Discovery and Temple of the Tiger, plus Get Ready to Wiggle and Looney Tunes Talent Show.

Kids Show & Costumed Character Roles

Looking for singers & dancers to host two children's shows featuring the lovable Looney Tunes and the world's famous Wiggles' Friends, plus a team of energetic performers to fill a variety of positions including Super Heroes and costumed characters. Positions available seasonally from April 4 through Nov. 2.

Summer positions are still available. Call 732/928-2000 ext. 2225 for more information.

Check out these shows and roles to see where YOU can grab the spotlight!

- Get Ready to Wiggle: Guests can visit the Wiggles Theater for a dance party filled with sing-along fun led by an energetic host and featuring all your favorite friends - Wags the Dog, Henry the Octopus, Captain Feathersword and Dorothy the Dinosaur. Show runs daily all season. (High energy and dance skills required. Host must have strong vocal skills, dance ability and stamina.)

- The Looney Tunes Talent Show: Guests can join competition finalists Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Tweety and Daffy as they compete to see who is the most talented Looney Tunes character in America. This fun and fast-paced show features an energetic host, great pop songs and everyone's favorite characters. Kids can meet-and-greet the stars after the show. Show runs daily all season. (High energy and dance skills required.)

- Character Meet-and-Greets: Guests can take photos and gather autographs from their favorite Looney Tunes pals like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird and more, DC JUSTICE LEAGUE Super Heroes including BATMAN, ROBIN, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN and THE FLASH and the Wiggles cast of supporting characters, Wags the Dog, Henry the Octopus, Dorothy the Dinosaur and Captain Feathersword. Plus, beginning Memorial Day guests can end their Six Flags day with a bang as we transform Main Street into a red-hot dance party with all your favorite Looney Tunes pals! New this season: THE LEGION OF DOOM featuring The Joker, Riddler, Sinestro, Cheetah, Captain Cold, plus SUPER HERO Hawk Girl!

TIPS FOR TALENT

Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled audition time.

Please bring a recent headshot and resume with current contact information.

If you plan to audition with a musical number, please bring the sheet music or a backing track on CD.

Please review the audition material requirements. If you are asked to audition with a monologue, please come prepared with a monologue.

Please do not email or call us after your audition. A Six Flags talent representative will call you.

Please review the age, availability, transportation, and skill set requirements before auditioning. There is no point in auditioning for any role if you do not meet the requirements listed in the casting notice.

Please confirm that the pay rate is acceptable before attending an audition. Pay rates are not negotiable.

The addition of the Legion of Doom will certainly be an awesome thing. It's about time we had some evil doers walking around the park along with the Superheros of the Justice League. Everything else in the casting call sounds like it will make for some fun experiences especially with the requests for performers with extreme skating and the like.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at the current posted show lineup, I guess it is safe to assume that the daytime parade has been eliminated now that we will have the nighttime Glow in the Park parade?

We did get a confirmation on Monday that the daytime parade has been in fact discontinued. Instead numerous character sessions will be held throughout the park.

• 2 months later...

Where can I go to see a list of concerts that are going to be performing this season? I'd like to see how some of the bands have kept themselves over the years. I always felt that once you played at Great adventure you have hit rock bottom, does anybody else feel this way about some of the concerts?

Now alot of acts are on their way up or down when they play the Arena. Years ago it was not the case. I saw Ted Nugent there when he was still a big draw in the mid 80's. Molly Hatchet was still big when I saw them there also. Golden Earring played there when Twilight Zone was still on the chart's and I saw Bow Wow Wow when "I want Candy" was in the top ten.

Just to fllow up on our talks about the Fire Flys show from a few days ago. id ecided to send an inquiry to the park in e-mail form about the show just to see what was up since it was on the web but not in the show guide, and the following is the extremely timely response I received in my inbox when I returned home this evening:

"Hi Chris

Please accept our apologies for any confusion regarding the Fire Flys show. The show was actually changed to our new Jesters comedy juggling duo show, whic also includes fire. The website is due for a update on our street entertainment program. I will make sure to pass alone the comment t our marketing department.

Again, sorry for any confusion, and thank you for your support of Six Flags!"

Personally I am satisfied with the explaination as I have seen signage for the Jesters but nothing for a Fire Flys show at all so it would make sense that something on the web has been neglected to be remoed or changed. Just thought anyone interested in the Fire Flys should would be interested to find out :)