VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Royal Elephants

29yrswithaGApass

Not to be mean, but this spotlight was very meek.

This was kind of a "filler" spotlight while we work on a BIG one.

Too bad you couldn't have included some other Balin's Jungleland Attractions

Oh Well. Good though

We have to do all the individual spotlights to make up the overall Golden Kingdom spotlight, so we sometimes have to knock out small ones like this to work our way up to the overall big picture.

The spotlight was ok but i m looking forward to the members choice spotlight.

It SHOULD be our next spotlight if all goes well. I have to write the spotlights up and I am in the process of selling my house and moving 1000 miles away as well as having a couple of other site related events happening in the next two weeks. I should be able to get it done, as long as no surprises come up. The members choice spotlight is one we have had a LOT of requests for.

Back to what we were talking about, the Royal Elephants actually have been very popular since they came to the park and were one of the most requested rides to return for 2012. It will be great to see them take over the former Pirate's Flight site. I wish there was a way to get Pirate's Flight back (or buy a new one) and put it there instead, but the Royal Elephants will be good to have back in the park.

No one expects members to get overly excited about the Royal Elephants Spotlight, but just like many of the minor/less glamourous ride and attraction Spotlights on GAH, all of these are building blocks for bigger things down the road.

As someone who manages the site photo collection and content I can assure you there are many exciting Spotlights and features ahead so don't be thrown by ones that may seem simple.

Not to be mean, but did you mean meager?

meek (adjective) /mēk/

Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive: "the meek compliance of our politicians".

mea·ger (adjective) /mēgər/1. Lacking in quantity or quality: "their meager earnings".2. (of a person or animal) Lean; thin.

I didn't know the ride was originally at Great Escape. One thing that always amazes me is that Dumbo at WDW has a long line all the time yet Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Triceratops Spin and the same ride type at other parks like Great Adventure like the Royal Elephants never have anywhere near the same kind of line Dumbo has. Even in January, it was posted at 30 minutes.

Back to what we were talking about, the Royal Elephants actually have been very popular since they came to the park and were one of the most requested rides to return for 2012. It will be great to see them take over the former Pirate's Flight site. I wish there was a way to get Pirate's Flight back (or buy a new one) and put it there instead, but the Royal Elephants will be good to have back in the park.

I was hoping they would buy Dorney's Balloon Race that was listed for sale for I think $20,000.

All I Was Trying to say was that the spotlight probably should've had another thing from the Balin's Jungleland Area (Cub's Corner?, Bugaloo, Tigerland Treehouse, Splashwater Oasis) maybe?

I Understand Not all spotlights can be a "Nitro" but I think back to another spotlight earlier this year where you added like 5 kids rides for 1 spotlight. Just sayin'

We have a TON of Spotlights left to do- just look at all the buttons on our menu screens. We also have enough additional photos to almost double the size of existing SLs. Not to mention 37 years of Yearbook Spotlights.

The one thing we are short on is time to work on it all!

there just trying to delay the fact that theres really only a few thing left to do spotlights on, so ill take the small spotlights as we get them, although once all the spotlights are complete maybe that time line will finally get an update,lol

Only A Few Things?

8 Kids Areas Spotlights

36 Kids Rides

4 Coasters

10 Or So Amusement Rides

Great Adventure Joins The Six Flags Family

17 Theaters

14 Themed Areas

8 Events

21 Buildings and Structures

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Yearly Spotlights

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Halloween Spotlights

1975-2011 Guidebooks

At least 2 Planned But Never Builts (Wooden Cyclone Coaster, Hotel)

Re-Release and Expanding the Yearly Spotlights (38)

Plus at least 40 Shops, Games, and Food Places

That's Well Over 200 Spotlights

Only A Few Things?

8 Kids Areas Spotlights

36 Kids Rides

4 Coasters

10 Or So Amusement Rides

Great Adventure Joins The Six Flags Family

17 Theaters

14 Themed Areas

8 Events

21 Buildings and Structures

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Yearly Spotlights

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Halloween Spotlights

1975-2011 Guidebooks

At least 2 Planned But Never Builts (Wooden Cyclone Coaster, Hotel)

Re-Release and Expanding the Yearly Spotlights (38)

Plus at least 40 Shops, Games, and Food Places

That's Well Over 200 Spotlights

From this point forward, all responses should pertain to the spotlight at hand, The Royal Elephants, as it exists at this time.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

While examining the elephants this past weekend I noticed that there is a rubber gasket around their ears and they actually move. While there is an electrical plug under each elephant, I am assuming that is just used to trigger the up and down motion. Has anyone ever seen the ears move? I only rode this ride once and don't recall them moving.

IMG_6716%20copy.jpg

I know that the original Dumbo in Disneyland had moving ears but that was short-lived.

dumbo_charleslympany1ears.jpg