VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

"At Risk" rides

29yrswithaGApass

Damn that old money problem lol. Well if that was the case, and with a new ride being installed we may be left with a waterfalless Skull MOuntain again this season.

Speaking of the waterfall I don't know if it has been done and I don't remember, or if it would be new, but I always felt like it would have cool for the waterfall on the outside to be red during the fall for Fright Fest to match the fountain. I realize there would be more problems with the fact that the water is more likely to get on people from the ride than the fountain itself, but it seemed like it would have been cool. For now though, I would love to just see that waterfall again if some spare money is found.

You are right it could be a cost cutting thing. Nothing, even water, comes cheap anymore especially in the quantities used by a park like GA so who knows.

I though the red water would look kinda cool, and it would also kind of give the exterior of the ride a creepier feel, especially at night while the eyes and everything are lit up. WOuld certainly be interesting at least.

You should have seen the year when the park dyed the water in the creek that flows past the fort for FF! Also there has been a couple of times when riding though the open area under the trough and I saw water leaking in from the ceiling, even when it was not raining. Now on rainy days I have felt water hitting me inside the dark track area.

That woulda been awesome. I had a pretty large gap during which I did not go to the park once so odds are it fell in that period of time.

I wouldn't doubt that water leaks through the roof in some places as afterall it is a building, and one that wasn't built probably as well as an office building would be so leaks at this point in time would make sense.

They only dyed the creek for one year, I am sure the EPA was not happy about it and put a stop to it. Those black liner roofs are hard to repair right and with metal roofs the fasteners for them can work loose from contraction and expansion causing leaks. I just hope no more rides will be removed.

Edited by The Master

• 3 weeks later...
The most recent removals include Batman and Robin: The Chiller and Movie Town Water Effect. Rumored removals for this year also include Fantasy Fling, Space Shuttle, Musik Express, and the Hand Trucks in Looney Tunes Seaport.

The Parachutes and Flying Wave also seem like possible candidates to me.

What other rides do you think are "at risk" of removal?

They are taking a lot of rides away, but hopefully we get something great in 2009 at least!

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to know when it will get to a point where they take away so many of the "oldies but goodies" that the park wont be like we all remember. I mean if they got rid of all the rides that are known at GA would we still wanna go? Kinda sad in a way to see so many of my favorites go.[/font]

I noticed this weekend that most signage for Houdini was missing inlcuding one of the new signs out front. I hope this is not a bad sign as everything else in the park sans water rides was running. Not to mention it is also currently missing from the website's ride listings.

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

^Speaking of the park website, they need to update it because it shows Flying Wave on there but not Fantasy Fling. Yeah I know that this was a last minute decision to keep Fantasy Fling and take out Flying Wave but I don't think it would be too complicated for Six Flags to have its site accurate.

-As for Houdini, I do not want to see that thing go! Now if it were to go anytime soon, would it be possible for them to keep the exterior of the building but renovate the interior of the building. That way, they can possibly make some themed attraction such as a haunted house or something in place of Houdini? Maybe if Houdini was to be taken out sometime this year they could renovate the interior and have something in place and ready for Fright Fest....Just a suggestion if Houdini were to close for good.

^Speaking of the park website, they need to update it because it shows Flying Wave on there but not Fantasy Fling. Yeah I know that this was a last minute decision to keep Fantasy Fling and take out Flying Wave but I don't think it would be too complicated for Six Flags to have its site accurate.

They took out the Flying Wave? No way!!!

After now spending tons of money on the swings and STILL having problems with them, it was just a logical financial decision to remove them at this point. Being that the ride is still manufactured, and is VERY popular with park guests, I would imagine we will see a replacement coming within a relatively short period of time...hopefully next season.

• 3 weeks later...