VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Condor

29yrswithaGApass

I remember riding the Condor back when I was a little kid at SFGAdv. It is such a fun ride and it is a shame GAdv does not have it anymore and it can really stand a ride like this today. At least both Morey's Piers and Hershey Park have Condor rides.

As usual Great Spotligh guys.

I never got to ride this at Great Adventure, but have ridden it at Morey's Piers and I agree, a ride like this would certainly fit in well with the park. And if it were close to it's old place it would give a nice perspective skyline view of the park opposite the one riders get on the Big Wheel.

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

• 3 weeks later...

The Condor commercial screams 80s! It's funny to see how clothing, hair, and music styles have changed! I've often wondered where the ride portions of this commercial were filmed. My guess is an Oktoberfest in Germany. It's obvious that the kids in the commercial were nowhere near a Condor ride but overall it's a pretty good ad.

• 5 months later...

I remember the hype leading to Condor's arrival. We thought it would be a real thriller. I was very disappointed, and only rode once. My friends went on a second time, and I watched from the ground as they had a casual conversation on board the whole length of the ride. To me, it was just a gently spinning observation tower. It seemed to have left the park as fast as it came.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sadly I never rode Condor when it was at GAdv. However, I just returned from a week vacation in Wildwood and got to ride the one at Morey's Piers.

It truly is an awesome ride. I can only imagine the view when it was at Gadv looking out over the woods and the park.

It would be cool if they were able to get a new one here. It's a great ride.

Actually I thought it was a really boring ride. It looks a lot more impressive than it is. You just spin around in circles. The only impressive thing was how high you do it. You get a much better view from the parachutes, and can actually focus on the view without trying to see while spinning in circles.

The Condor had different ride programs that varied the length of the ride and the amount of time spent at the top of the tower. There was a great sequence which had the cars spin as the ride climbed the tower. Once at the top, the ride slowed and the spinning at the ends of the arms stopped leaving only the main arms rotating slowly. After almost a minute, the spinning picked up speed and the cars lowered. It provided plenty of time for a great view around that area of the park.

Sadly I never rode Condor when it was at GAdv. However, I just returned from a week vacation in Wildwood and got to ride the one at Morey's Piers.

It truly is an awesome ride. I can only imagine the view when it was at Gadv looking out over the woods and the park.

It would be cool if they were able to get a new one here. It's a great ride.

Good thing you got on Morey's Condor. It is for sale HERE.

For $175,000 and located so close to Great Adventure, it would be a great flat ride for the park to buy!

The Condor had different ride programs that varied the length of the ride and the amount of time spent at the top of the tower. There was a great sequence which had the cars spin as the ride climbed the tower. Once at the top, the ride slowed and the spinning at the ends of the arms stopped leaving only the main arms rotating slowly. After almost a minute, the spinning picked up speed and the cars lowered. It provided plenty of time for a great view around that area of the park.

I think that is how Hershey Park runs their Condor.

• 2 years later...