VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 21- Reduce some of the in-park advertising

I understand they make alot from the revenue, but it is really "tacky". They have gone really "over the top" with all the ads. I'd like to see some of the one's come down that destroy great Photo's in the park (the Fort for example) and put them on the back's of the Seat's on coasters. Sort of the like the one's on shopping Cart's. But I know they wouldn't last too long by guest's picking them apart.

I understand they make alot from the revenue, but it is really "tacky". They have gone really "over the top" with all the ads. I'd like to see some of the one's come down that destroy great Photo's in the park (the Fort for example) and put them on the back's of the Seat's on coasters. Sort of the like the one's on shopping Cart's. But I know they wouldn't last too long by guest's picking them apart.

According to Six Flag's SEC Filings, in-park advertising has generated a paltry sum at best. The problem is, it's income generated with almost zero overhead outside of sales staff. Unless another change in ownership occurs, I don't see this problem being reduced.

I wouldn't even mind the same amount of advertising if it was themed or done in a clever way. When I look at the way they do the ads in Disney like the Northern Toilet Paper ad on the side of the Splash Mountain restrooms, which is themed and looks like it's part of Frontierland rather than taking you OUT of the theme. Even at GA, some of the ads like the M&M ads are well done, like the "Take an Old Time Photo" ad with the M&M's in western clothes in the western area. Even if they just themed the sign holders for the ads it would be a HUGE improvement. Having the same kinds of signs as an airport terminal or a mall is REALLY out of place in a theme park.