VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

King Cobra Racing Tube Slide

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is a 200 lb maximum and only single tubes are being used - no doubles. Therefore each rider needs to be 200 lbs or less.

Initially, they were going to have double tubes which would have allowed two riders at 200 lb each but if I had to guess the extra weight pushed guests too high into the King Cobra's mouth. This may have been the delay in opening.

There is a scale at the entrance gate for those who look like they are pushing the weight limit.

Here are the before and after signs - prior to and post opening:

2012_07_12_IMG_2374%20copy.jpg

2012_07_24_IMG_3577%20copy.jpg

Lot of backlash on the park's facebook page about King Cobra. The anger seems to be over 3 issues:

1) The 200lb weight limit

2) Low capacity thanks to single tubes and Flash Pass slowing down the line considerably

3) The ride itself isn't that thrilling, and the current in the first portion is so weak that tubes repeatedly get stuck.

It's too bad, since it looked so promising. I imagine it's the manufacturer's fault and not the park's, but I'm not sure how these issues could be overlooked in planning/engineering.