VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2013 Season Passes on sale August 30th

29yrswithaGApass

It will be interesting to see how much it will be this year and how much season pass parking will cost.I'm hoping for under $130 total for both the pass with parking.

Edited by Yoshi

I'm trying to figure out why everyone thinks this will drive prices up? As it was, Safari was included with the season pass...if what I'm hearing is true, it still will be. Why would the price go up any more than it does from season to season based on inflation?

I also keep reading on Facebook how terrible this is, and how the park is going to charge more for everything. I think they are forgetting this is a THEME PARK. Theme Parks are businesses not charities. They are in the business to make money. This is like going to a football/baseball game or a movie.

Actually going to GA is a hell of alot cheaper then a Giants game...

Exactly! And how long is a game...3-4 hours of "entertainment" and all you're doing is sitting in a seat. With a season pass you can go as may times as you want in a season (usually the park is open 100+ day a year) for as many hours as you want (they're generally opened 8+ hours a day) and ride as many rides as you want, all for around $80. It's really the best bargain out there even if you spend the extra $50 for a parking pass. And compared to other park chains like Cedar Fair ($179), SeaWorld/Busch ($180), Hershey ($194 for only one park!), Universal Orlando ($225), and Disney ($850). Even if Six Flags DOUBLED the price (but included parking for every passholder) it would still be the cheapest one and offer more with access to more parks than any other chain.

GAcoaster, have you heard anything about the new premium season passes? It includes free parking to all parks, early entry, free water park, etc. I'm sure it will STILL be cheaper than other parks.

http://content.sixflags.com/news/greatadventure/2013-season-pass-on-sale

It is the first step in making Six Flags Great Adventure a total destination consisting of a theme park, water park, and a safari rather than three separate gates.

I believe the "free parking" feature is only included with the purchase of four passes, like the family plan in seasons past (good only on one of the four passes). It will be comparable to a three park pass.

Interesting to see they're offering a monthly payment program. In the past they've offered a three payment plan (which was a nightmare for Admissions/Guest Relations), but this promises to be better.

SeaWorld does this as well, which means you get a pass and as long as you keep paying it never expires. It's a great deal because you never have to worry about renewing (just keeping your account up to date) and it locks the price in so even if the next seasons prices rise, you still get the old price.

How is this any different than the current three park pass other than the monthly payment?

It's basically not, just with a new name. And judging by the copy on that page (though it's not 100% clear), it sounds like the regular pass will no longer offer admission to other SF parks.

Nice find.