VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest Suggestions

29yrswithaGApass

A Fright Fest suggestion/request- turn off the lights from the Big Wheel to the Carousel and make the entire entrance area scarier to set the stage for guests. Also, either turn off the Jumbotron screen or play horror movie clips. That entire area is way too bright. Click the image below to see how it looked in 2003:

gallery_2_579_401438.jpg

GADV's whole procedure of guards trying to control and march the stamppede of people to the rides at opening for FF is awlful, it's probably worse than just letting people run since it forces the mob to bunch up tight which raises tempers even worse and leads to more fights. It's a very poorly throught out idea that is unsafe and should be discarded. Dorney does not pull this nonsense and I have never seen fights break out yet there for Haunt like I have seen during FF. Also if they are going to pen up people in main street, spend some money for a rope to keep the crowd in check.

Edited by The Master

I'm surprised they are keeping the rapids open for Fright Fest. With the weather getting colder, there can't be that many people going to the ride.

John F. said that if they have a ride, he wants it open! What a refreshing change from the past with closing it on Labor Day even if the September weekends were in the upper 80s. Also, it was so nice being able to go on the Big Wheel with the fall foliage!

After seeing both the new and old DMP tonight, I gotta say that the new one doesn't compare. IMO they should stick with the old one for every show- it's dialed in ,everyone knows the songs and the sound levels are perfect. The new shows dancing is good, however, music isn't upbeat enough, and doesn't sound good, pyro was weak, and is overall boring.

GMG- lose the story line, go with more music and dancing, lose all the talking, and the sound in there quite honestly sucks. Go back to the old format of the show, add some pyro and upgrade the sound and you got a great show!

Add more zombies- all night I think I saw maybe 25 total.

Here are my suggestions:

-Hiring for the 2013 season starts in February, but for FF workers, they do not get hired until later in the season (May-June). If they start earlier and advertise it more, I'd see a HUGE increase in the amount of zombies and ghosts in the park.

-I'd like to see some type of "Day of the Dead" (possibly shows) in Plaza Del Carnival and maybe add some actors walking around that area.

-I was mad at their decision to enclose Circus Psycho to just one path. Bring back that circus feel, and extend it all the way back to the carousel. Also, bring back the huge blow-up clown! It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't bring it back this year, when it has been a custom for years.

-Movietown needs some ghosts! These ghosts can be themed to thugs in "Gotham City", and the storyline for the area can be, "Batman is trying to save the innocent from being terrorized by the scum of Gotham City. Make your way through the streets of Gotham at your own risk... " They can add more movie props and building structures to make it feel more like the city.

-For the Lake Front area, I'd continue the idea of the Shipwreck Cove and extend it al the way to Skull Mountain. Add more props like broken ship pieces and lost pirate treasure.

-I miss seeing those hearses at Main Street. They don't fit well at TDK.

-Bring back Elvira!

Make the Terror Trails free again, bring back the Hayride Into the Unknown, move DMP inside the old Batman stadium, and bring back Elvira.

^couldn't agree more

tbh i felt like movietown was the place to be. after the parade you see dead mans party, then you have one terror trail and ghoulmaster's ghosts, which may i add was PHENOMENAL! and being back in the old stadium definitely brings back memories since i never was a fan of hypnosteria i never went.. my dad told me the last time he was there was during one year in fright fest when they had the crypt keeper from tales from the crypt narrate the show. so it was definitely a great experience. plus the effects were great.

i agree on DMP having their stage in the movietown arena its got seats and such a bigger space. i felt like DMP didn't give me that edge it usually does this year. GG was just a better show.

we need elvira back. plain and simple. its NOT THE SAME

• 2 weeks later...

For Fright Fest, change the soundtracks on the DejaVu scrambler ride to Halloween and scary themed music. Add a fog machine and/or strobe light and call the ride DejaBoo! :Reaper2:

The music on DejaVu has been changed for Fright Fest! I wasn't able to hear all of the song selections but click below to hear a clip with Live and Let Die and Dead Man's Party.

2012_10_20_IMG_8336%20copy_small.jpg