VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure's Competition in 2013

29yrswithaGApass

This seems like an awfully slow year for 2013 rumors at Great Adventure's neighboring parks. We usually know by now what some of the competition is adding but unless I missed something, nothing official has really been announced yet for Dorney, Hersheypark, Moreys, etc.

Anyone heard some news?

I have a feeling we'll see waterpark additions at all the local parks. They are relatively cheap and quickly assembled so construction doesn't have to start as early, and with Hurricane Harbor adding yet another new slide they'll all feel the need to expand their offerings further and brag about how their waterparks (except Morey's) are all included with park admission.

I'm hoping Dorney gets something new for WWK. That's where the majority of crowds are and the last new addition was Aqua Racer in 2007 so they could use something new. I just hope this is the end of used rides for Dorney. I don't mind a used ride if it's good like Green Lantern but the latest additions to Dorney haven't been that great and Stinger has had so many problems this year that I almost don't want to ride it anymore.

I am really going to miss Rollersoaker, but their boardwalk can really stand alot more slides. I really like to see Dorney get a bowel or a boomerango. Sadly all 3 run their waterparks much better than HH.

• 1 month later...

That's disappointing. The main show venue never seems that popular (the one near Dominator). Most of the time when I walk by it and there is a show, it's usually 1/3 of the seats at the most are filled.

• 1 month later...