VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv. Debate #7: Which is needed more at G.A. - rides or shows?

27 members have voted

1. 1. As of right now, which is needed more at Great Adventure?

• Rides
    • Shows

Even though both are needed, I voted for rides. Adventure Alley was a great addition with rides for everyone but even with those additions, there is still a lack of tame/family rides. Before a new show is added, I'd like to see at least another family ride added like an interactive dark ride.

I truly don't remember the last time I saw a show at Great Adventure other than the dolphins and the hypnotist during fright fest. Great Adventure has a lot of unused arenas for shows, but there are none. They also got rid of the parades, I enjoyed those a lot when I was younger.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Even though I pretty much exclusively ride the coasters, if the park has unused show venues, they need to put them to use, or demolish them. The old Action Park had a ton of shows and you can still see some of the old venues rotting away that haven't been used since 1996. They didn't have any shows at all in the Mountain Creek Waterpark years. They added 2 shows back when they changed to the new Action Park this past season. However, only one uses a special venue. They have a break dancing show that is on the path between the Cliff Jumps and Colorado River, and they also added a wildlife show up near Surf Hill. However, both shows only happen on weekends which means that I never see them since I go almost exclusively during the week. I wonder if they are adding any more back next year.