VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 3- Add A Resort Hotel/Indoor Waterpark

This is one of the things that the park could REALLY benefit from and turn the park into a real destination.

The places like Great Wolf Lodge do really good business on their own, but in conjunction with a world class theme park it could be a great combination.

In the two seasons I spent working as a VIP Tour Guide at the park, the biggest complaint I got from the guests was there is NO WHERE to stay any place close to the park, and many people feel like there are at least two days of fun to be had between the theme park and water park. Adding an indoor waterpark would be smart as a year round attraction, drawing people from a distance as well as locals who just want a "staycation" where they can get away from the house for a couple of days. As it is, people in central Jersey travel to the Poconos to Great Wolf, and many would love to stay closer to home.

My mom's business partner was contracted to build a hotel in Six flags, but the plans fell through, as we all know, SF went bankrupt in 2007-2008. I hope we get a hotel in there soon! It is something that we DESPERATELY need.

Indoor waterparks look like fun. I have considered going to either Coco Key or Sahara Sams with a day pass but neither looks like it has that many slides compared to Great Wolf Lodge or Great Escape Lodge. Maybe an indoor waterpark/hotel would also convince them to have Holiday In the Park since it could lead to increased attendance with people staying at the hotel going into the park as well in November and December.

Edited by Yoshi

I have never seen such a hotel-free zone around a major tourist attraction. There are Marriott's, Country Inns & Suites, Hilton Gardens, Holiday Inn's, etc. in the middle of nowhere all across the state and the U.S. It is really odd that the park has nothing conveniently located nearby.

Maybe something on the lines of the nice Holiday Inn SFStL has. But with how horrible operations at HH have been in recent years I have doubts about an indoor waterpark at GADV. Besides being a local a hotel would not benefit me and would only serve to make the park even more crowded.

A lot of indoor waterparks offer day passes (I don't think Great Wolf Lodge does though). I probably wouldn't want to stay in the hotel even during the offseason but if day passes were an option, I'd probably go the waterpark couple of times each winter