VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv. Debate #8: Hurricane Harbor - separate ticket or included in admission?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Hurricane Harbor park in NJ be a part of a Great Adventure ticket?

• Hurricane Harbor should be a separate gate requiring a HH ticket.
    • Hurricane Harbor should be included in a Great Adventure admission ticket.

Unlike most Six Flags water parks, Hurricane Harbor in NJ is not attached to the Great Adventure theme park. From day #1, Hurricane Harbor has been a separately ticked gate for Great Adventure. Should it be included in a Great Adventure theme park general admission ticket? Please feel free to vote and comment.

I voted separate gate even though for my benefit, it would be better if it was included with a Great Adventure ticket so it might have the "Dorney effect" where the ride side is empty while the water park is open (I don't think I have waited in a line longer than 10 minutes for a coaster at Dorney since becoming a passholder while the waterpark was open for the day). HH seems to have good attendance even as a separate gate so I think it's better for the company which hopefully means more money spent on both parks. I was a little surprised this year that Hurricane Harbor is free for Premium Passholders, which will probably increase attendance this year.

Separate gate makes the most sense to me. It's really the only way to adequately control crowd levels at BOTH parks. The big disadvantage is always that it affects the theme park attendance standings. If that 1/2 million guests were added to the theme park's attendance, it would boost the park higher in the rankings. It's really not fair when they compare parks like Kings Island and SF Great America in attendance rankings since they have included waterparks.

• 1 year later...
Guest Moonracker7

Since HH is almost on the opposite side of property... a separate ticket is best at the moment. If they added a hotel, then they could combine for hotel guests or something like that.