VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Top Thrill Dragster VS. Kingda Ka

Which Coaster Is Better?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Hmm... Hard Decision...

• Top Thrill Dragster 2003
    • Kingda Ka 2005

Over the last couple of months every time I look at a TTD/KDK video you always have some kind of fanboys hating on the other roller coaster. Also half of these people have actually ridden both of these coasters(I being one of them) and yet the people that haven't still seem to think that their option counts. Overall my choice out of the two is, DA!DA!DA!DA!DA!DA!DA!DA!DA!DA! ..... Top Thrill Dragster.sodaspray.gif... O NOE HE DIDN'T! KINGDA KA IS TEH BEST! AND U KNOW IT! COASTER-BOY!!! Shut up! Top Thrill Dragster has 1. A better theme 2. Better Restraints And 3. A better view from the top. YOU CANT BEAT CANADA! But that's just my opinion. Whats yours?bigear.gif I'm all ears!

I rode Kingda Ka before experiencing TTD and I find Ka to be a much better experience. I don't think the theming does much for TTD and the shorter height and lack of second hill just makes Kingda Ka a better ride in my book.

Also, having spotlights on TTD at night that attract swarms of bugs for guests to ride through brings it down a few notches!

Can I just point out that kingda Ka's theming is much better than top thrill dragsters. Cedar fair is not good at theming, I think we can all agree on that.

I thought top thrill dragster had a better race car theme. Christmas tree light and recorded message is a plus king da ka dosent have... also take a look at Mavrick, coasters themeing is amazing!

Edited by Coasterharrison'98

Honestly they both have their pluses and minuses. I've been on both MANY times and I like Ka better for the speed hill but Dragster better for the restraints. However, I'm glad GA got the OTSRs for Ka. Loading is faster and the ride is safer. The safety record for the INTAMIN T-Bar restraints really means it's just a matter of time before someone is ejected from TTD.

Honestly they both have their pluses and minuses. I've been on both MANY times and I like Ka better for the speed hill but Dragster better for the restraints.

That's my exact opinion

Honestly they both have their pluses and minuses. I've been on both MANY times and I like Ka better for the speed hill but Dragster better for the restraints. However, I'm glad GA got the OTSRs for Ka. Loading is faster and the ride is safer. The safety record for the INTAMIN T-Bar restraints really means it's just a matter of time before someone is ejected from TTD.

[/quote

Don't know, have you seen the safety record for Millinum at cedar point no accidents involving restraints and Ka also broke down at least 2 times while I was wating in line... both times!

Been on both and I happen to like Dragster better due to the better restraints (or lack of). I also like the theming of Dragster (not great but good) and I like how there are stands that people can watch. Loading is also better because of how they load 2 coasters at once. It seems faster the KK but I could be wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First time I rode TTD was in 2004, we went during the summertime for about a week to Cedar Point, and I remember at this time TTD was having many issues, rollbacks, constantly closed for a good chunk of the time we were there, but we stayed in one of the hotels right on the island, so we woke (8am) to catch the early opening for season pass holders and folks staying within the cedar point property (one hour before general park opening) we ran and finally got on it! I loved it first time I experienced anything like it. I love them both, honestly 420 vs 456 isn't that much of a difference its still high as heck, and the 120/128... Both still get you to that speed in 3 in a half seconds. I like the theming and lap bar restraints on TTD better then KDK

• 3 months later...

In June I went to Cedar Point, and there are multiple reasons why TTD is better.

1. Smoother. And I mean A LOT smoother.

2. Much better theme, I never believed people when they said the theming was better, I was wrong.

3. Better view, it is beautiful to see lake eerie right next to you, while KK you see that nice parking lot.

4. This is my opinion, but I would have to say TTD has a better color scheme.

5. The lap restraints give it a much better feel to it, you don't have the KK restraints that crush your thighs and make you wanna get off.

Can I just point out that kingda Ka's theming is much better than top thrill dragsters. Cedar fair is not good at theming, I think we can all agree on that.

I disagree. Some (not many) of their ride's are well themed. But seriously you think Cedar Fair's themeing is worse than SIX FLAGS? You'd have to be out of your mind.

As an answer to the original discussion, I've ridden both many times. I prefer TTD. Here's why:

1. Lap bar. While the over the shoulder on KK's restraints aren't too restrictive, you still have more of an open feeling on TTD with nothing impairing your view and you have a little more room to move around. It feels less restrictive.

2. Themeing- in my opinion TTD is far better themed than KK. From the trains looking like Dragster cars to the lights at the launch, all the way up to the lights on the tower. Kingda Ka barely has any themeing elements in my opinion other than a lot of Bamboo.

3. The view: As already mentioned ,you have a much better view on the top of TTD. You can see water and it is a lot more scenic.

4. The ride is smoother. KK gets a bit rough the further you move back down the train. TTD delivers a smooth ride no matter where you sit. A lot less shaky and a more consistent launch.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well i just rode TTD last week at cedar point, so figured I can finally chime in. I give TTD the edge, like some others have said, because of the lap bar restraints. I also liked how they had the observation bleachers setup,, and how you can get so close to pretty much the entire launch track.